In Association With Mysteries Magazine!
7/11/08  #477
Subscribe for free at our subscription page:
You can view this newsletter online at:

Hey fans of Conspiracy Journal. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, this weeks issue is going to be abbreviated. Hopefully next week we will be able to bring you your standard full-length edition. Until then, enjoy this weeks news of the weird and unknown.

This week Conspiracy Journal takes a look at such larynx-lightening stories as:

- Astrophysicist Says "Phoenix Lights" Are Secret Technology -
- Nations Before Our Own -
- Attack of the Monkey God -
- Web Site Users Share Lake Norman Monster Sightings -
AND: The Weird World of Psychic Pets

All these exciting stories and MORE in this week's issue of

~ And Now, On With The Show! ~



This large 8x11 book is fully illustrated and tackles the question: Is a "wandering planet" headed toward Earth, and what kind of damage can it do to the various life forms that populate our world? . . . Will we soon be facing a real life "Worlds In Collision" that could be a thousand times more devastating than a powerful nuclear explosion?. . . Could life as we know it cease to exist due to a "renegade" planet running amuck in our solar system? . . .Something "out there" beyond the furthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at the planets. Some gravitational force is causing irregularities in their orbits. This force suggests a presence some distance away and unseen -- a large object that may be the long sought Planet X.

FORMER MILITARY INTELLIGENCE OPERATIVE COMMANDER X HAS POKED AND PRODDED HIS 'CONFIDENTIAL SOURCES' FOR PROOF THAT THIS IS NOT A FAR-FLUNG FANTASY OF CULTISTS TRYING TO HOOK ON TO THE "NEXT BIG THING!" - - - FIRST OFF, Commander X discovered that scientists at a prestigious University in Japan confirmed that another large planet was orbiting in the far reaches of the solar system. . . SECOND, a Dutch Crop Circle researcher has discovered a secret code in the circles that proves Planet X is due to return to the solar system in 2012. A survey of leading prophets and prophecies, including the Bible Code, point to something BIG happening in 2012. Commander X suggests that the ancient Mayans knew about Planet X and predicted its arrival at the end of their "long count" calendar on December 21, 2012. Were the Mayan priests sending us a warning across time to watch the heavens for the arrival of Planet X, heralding the end of this world and the beginning of a new age?. . .As well, Commander X has established how NASA has suppressed information about Planet X, and how world leaders and the rich are making secret preparations for 2012 -- here is a hint: we are NOT INVITED!

PRE-PUBLICATION SPECIAL OFFER: Order RIGHT NOW and you will get our PRE-PUBLICATION PRICE of only $17.00, plus $5.00 for shipping.  We expect this book to be delivered from the printer in about two weeks...after that, the price will go to its normal retail price of $20.00, so HURRY and ORDER NOW TO GET YOUR SPECIAL PRICE!

Click Here to Order With Paypal

  OR -You can order with our secure order page:  

You can also phone in your credit card orders to Global Communications
24-hour hotline: 732-602-3407

And as always you can send a check or money order to:
Global Communications
P.O. Box 753
New Brunswick, NJ  08903


In This Incredible Issue:


The Mysterious Subterranean Realms of California.

The Mysterious Blast at California’s Port Chicago.

California’s Lake Monsters.

PsiSpies: The History of Remote Viewing.
By Louis Proud

strange customs   
Italian Community Secretly Builds Breathtaking Underground Temples

The Dangers of Hallucinogens

Urban Legends   
Amusement Parks:Fodder for Scary Stories

Haunted Heritage   
Ghostly Activities at California’s Cal-Neva Resort

Arcane Cults   
The John Frum Movement:A South Pacific CargoCult

From the Skies   
2008:The Year of the UFO?

Mary Ann Winkowski:The Original Ghost Whisperer

COMING SOON to your favorite bookstore or magazine stand.


Astrophysicist Says "Phoenix Lights" Are Secret Technology

An astrophysicist claims to know the true source of a strange grouping of lights that appeared in the Arizona night sky 11 years ago.

Dr. James R. Bartzen said he has indisputable proof that the so-called "Phoenix Lights" were a product of secret man-made technology being shielded from the public.

He works at the Russian-American Institute of Space Science.

"There are no theories, there is only evidence," Bartzen told ABC15. "The government desires people to believe in space aliens so they don't have to reveal the technologies that both we and the Russians have."

Bartzen said he has been involved with the space agencies in both the U.S. and Russia for decades, and that his involvement led him to learn what these vehicles in the sky were, man-made spacecrafts.

"The evidence was never disclosed," he said.

However, now that the space agencies of the world are joining together in space travel, he said that evidence can be released.

Bartzen plans to detail his argument and share his proof on Saturday, July 19th in Sedona. For more information, click here.

The 'Phoenix Lights' of different descriptions were seen on the night of March 13th, 1997.

Some said they saw a triangular formation pass over their homes. Others saw a series of stationary lights in a long line.

The United States Air Force later identified the lights as flares from the Barry Goldwater Range, but many continue to believe differently.

Source: ABC-15 Phoenix


Nations Before Our Own

In the mid-1950s, Mrs. Alleyne K. Ecker pulled a peculiar object from red clay fifteen feet down in a well workmen were digging on her farm in Guthrie, Oklahoma. After she had washed off the mud and clay, she found that she had retrieved a figurine that depicted a bearded, robed figure holding a lamb. A man who claimed to be an expert on woodcarving told her that the artifact had been shaped from a tree harder than ebony, a tree that had been extinct for centuries; but no one could identify the figure of the ancient shepherd.
After the object had been in her possession for some time, two Chinese students at a nearby college told Mrs. Ecker that they recognized the figurine as a representation of Shou Hsing, the Chinese god of longevity. The idol was considered by the students to be the earliest representation of the god, who was esteemed as a deity many centuries before Christ.
About 1910 a small boy playing in the tiny settlement of Flora Vista, New Mexico, dug up two slabs of carved rock and released a controversy that has raged unabated ever since. Among the symbols of an ancient language no one has yet deciphered are the figures of a number of indigenous animals--and two elephants. Clearly, unmistakably, with trunks and floppy ears and tusks, the figures represent elephants. The boy found the slabs in 800-year-old tribal ruins on the Animas River, opposite the village of Flora Vista.
Can someone draw a picture of an elephant without ever having seen one?
It has been postulated that if you put enough monkeys in a room with enough typewriters and provide them with enough paper, one of them will eventually reproduce Hamlet. If countless ancient Native American tribal artists had carved enough representations of animals on enough rock slabs, is it possible that one of them had eventually carved an elephant?
To examine the alternatives, we might say that one of the following explains the elephant slabs:
1. Mammoths coexisted in the Southwestern United States until eight centuries ago with men sophisticated enough to capture their image in art.
2. An invasion fleet launched by an Asian potentate reached the New World, complete with war elephants, and a Native tribal artist captured the event for posterity.
3. The slabs are the work of a hoaxster, who hid his fakes in the old tribal ruins so that sooner or later either an archaeologist or a small boy would uncover them.
4. The slabs found their way to New Mexico via the tradeships of Phoenicians or Africans between 900-200 B.C.E.
On September 13, 1924, near Tucson, Arizona, Charles E. Manier found the first of what would prove to be a series of unusual artifacts inscribed with what very nearly appears to be Latin. Among the twenty-seven artifacts are six crosses, nine swords or sword fragments, a spearheaded serpent cross, and a crescent cross. According to authorities, the language appears to be Latin of a style popular up to A.D. 900, and dates on some of the pieces bear out this supposition. But the Latin inscriptions strive to record a kind of history of settlement and provide a journal of exploration that makes no sense--and a few Hebrew words thrown in here and there add confusion rather than clarification.
Again, we are left attempting to explain bizarre hybrid artifacts:
1. The crosses and swords and their peculiar Latin inscriptions could be some incredible hoax.
2. A band of explorers, perhaps from the Mediterranean area with a knowledge of Christianity, Latin, and Hebrew, could somehow, circa 800 A.D., have gotten themselves to the American Southwest, established a colony, recorded their history, and then proceeded to pass into obscurity. Some of the Hebrew words found jumbled in with the Latin are "Jehovah," "Peace," and "Mighty Empire." Did the explorers consider themselves part of a mighty empire, or did they find themselves confronted with a mighty empire in the American Southwest?
The Scientific American for July 22, 1882, tells of a curious find of "Pre-Indian Relics from Virginia":
The objects [found between the ranges of the Blue and Allegheny mountains, near Mount Pisgah, North Carolina] are said to be of a type absolutely unique, consisting partly of human, partly of animal figures, either in the round or in various degrees of relief. Some are household utensils. They appear to have been sculptured by metal instruments, so perfect is their workmanship.
The correspondent for Scientific American comments further that the human figures were not fashioned in the likenesses of American Indians, and that the images were fully clothed in tight-fitting garments. Some of the figurines were represented as seated in armchairs; others were astraddle a most remarkable variety of animals--bears, prairie dogs, birds.
An imaginative artisan at work, one may comment comfortably. But then comes the zinger: Some of the riders are seated upon two-humped camels, rhinoceroses, and hippopotamuses. Either our artisan observed such African animals for himself, saw representations of such animals, or he was more than imaginative, he was clairvoyant.
The Scientific American hazards a theory that "the articles were made by an earlier and more civilized race, subjugated and partially destroyed by the Indians found in Virginia on the arrival of the white men." However, the specimens of the Old World animals were "obviously" made by a white man, the report concludes without further explanation.
Roman coins have been unearthed in tribal burial mounds as far west as Illinois.
An iron fork was found in a prehistoric tribal site near Eddyville, Kentucky.
Japanese pottery from the Jomon period (3000 B.C.) was found in Ecuador in 1966.
Viking rune stones continue to be unearthed throughout the United States and Canada.
The colossal stone heads scattered in the jungles of Veracruz display obvious Negroid features.
A clay tablet found along the Susquehanna River Dear Winfield, Pennsylvania, bears a cuneiform inscription that describes a short-term loan of an Assyrian merchant in Cappadocia around 1900 B.C. E.
I quite agree with my friend Patrick Huyghe, who, in his book Columbus Was Last: From 200,000 BC to 1492, A Heretical History of Who Was First (Anomalist, 2005) presents enormous amounts of evidence to prove that numerous seafarers landed on the shores of North and South America before the earliest recorded sighting of either continent by a European. However, as I point out in Worlds Before Our Own (Anomalist, 2007), there are a great number of artifacts that have been discovered throughout this hemisphere that simply do not make any kind of sense on anyone's timetable. The evidence, plain and simple, appears to reveal that there were other great nations on these lands before our own.
An estimated two million pounds of copper were mined on Isle Royale in Michigan by some unnamed prehistoric mining empire that had the means of transporting the metal out of the immediate area.
Several bog-iron smelting furnaces have been found scattered over the southern half of Ohio. Farmers in that state occasionally turn up iron artifacts in their fields.
Speculation as to the identity of the ancient workers in iron has included the Vikings, the mysterious Mound Builders, or a long-forgotten civilization that once existed in America.
All that can be said with certainty at this time is that when the early settlers arrived in Ohio in the years 1790 to 1810, they found no less than 100 abandoned hills crowned with stone fortifications. Some of these remained for years at Fort Hill, Spruce Hill and Glenford Fort in Perry County. Similar fortified hills may be seen at Hill Fort, Georgia, and Manchester, Tennessee. At the Manchester fort the first settlers found bricks and a short iron sword.
In 1820 Caleb Atwater issued a report of a furnace surrounded by bricks in the central mound around which Circleville was built. With the furnace were what appeared to be a dagger and a plate, both of disintegrated iron.
In 1953 miners of the Lion coal mine of Wattis, Utah, broke into a network of tunnels between five and six feet in height and width, which contained coal of such vast antiquity that it had become weathered to a state of uselessness for any kind of burning or heat. A search outside the mountain in direct line with the tunnels revealed no sign of any entrance. Since the tunnels were discovered when the miners were working an eight-foot coal seam at 8,500 feet, the evidence is irrefutable that an undetermined someone conducted an ambitious mining project so far back in time that all exterior traces have been eroded away.
Professor John E. Willson of the Department of Engineering, University of Utah, was quoted in the February, 1954, issue of Coal Age: "Without a doubt, both drifts were man-made. Though no evidence was found at the outcrop, the tunnels apparently were driven some 450 feet from the outside to the point where the present workings broke into them. . . . There is no visible basis for dating the tunnels .... "
Jesse D. Jennings, professor of anthropology at the University of Utah, could offer no opinion as to the identity of the ancient miners, but he denied that the vast runnels and coal mining rooms could have been the work of any Native American people. "In the first place," he commented, "such works would have required immediate and local need for coal. . . . because before the white man came, transport was by human cargo carriers. . . . As for local use, there was no reported extensive burning of coal by aboriginals in the region of the Wattis mine."
The Morrisonville, Illinois, Times, December 24, 1851, reprinted an item from the Springfield Republican titled "A Nut for Geologists":
Hiram de Wirr, of this town, who has recently returned from California, brought with him a piece of auriferous quartz rock, of about the size of a man's fist. On Thanksgiving Day it was brought out for exhibition to a friend, when it accidentally dropped upon the floor and split open. Near the center of the mass was discovered, firmly embedded in the quartz and slightly corroded, a cut-iron nail, of the size of a six-penny nail. It was entirely straight and had a perfect head. By whom was this nail made? At what period was it planted in the yet uncrystallized quartz? How came it in California? If the head of that nail could talk, we should know something more of American history than we are ever likely to know.
In a letter dated December 5, 1879, a Mr. Hannibal Fox of Milton, Sullivan County, Missouri, wrote to The American Antiquarian(Vol. 3, p. 336) regarding his discovery of a silver and iron mask, which he had uncovered while plowing a field. The publication commented that "melting iron and silver in a crucible, and preparing a matrix by placing clay over the face after death, and pouring the metal so that the vessel tipped, do not seem to be operations which are usual among the aborigines, or, as far as we know, even among the Mound Builders."
On Tuesday, June 9, 1891, Mrs. S. W. Culp broke a lump of coal preparatory to placing it in the scuttle, an act she had performed thousands of times. However, the artifact that fell out of the lump was most singular.
"At first," according to the Morrisonville, Illinois, Times of June 11, 1891, "Mrs. Culp thought the chain had been dropped accidentally in the coal, but as she undertook to lift the chain up, the idea of its having been recently dropped was at once made fallacious, for as the lump of coal broke, it separated almost in the middle, and the circular position of rhe chain placed the two ends near to each other; and as the lump separated, the middle of the chain became loosened while each end remained fastened to the coal."
In the Creation Research Society Quarterly (March, 1971), Wilbert H. Rusch, Sr., Professor of Biology, Concordia College, Ann Arbor, Michigan, quoted a letter a colleague had received from a Frank J. Kenwood, who said that he had been a fireman in the Municipal Electric Plant in Thomas, Oklahoma, in 1912, when he split a large piece of coal and discovered an iron pot encased within.
"This iron pot fell from the center, leaving the impression or mould of the pot in the piece of coal," Kenwood wrote. "I traced the source of the coal, and found that it came from the Wilburton, Oklahoma, mines."
It is difficult to place the age of such items as coins, chains, silver masks, and iron pots. The radiocarbon-14 method of determining age can only be applied to organic materials, such as bone, wood, coal, and textiles.
On December 17, 1869, the Los Angeles News printed an account of an inscribed slate wall that had been supplied by a correspondent of the Cleveland Herald, writing from Wellsville, Ohio:
Capt. Lacy of Hammondsville, Ohio, had some men engaged in making an entry into his coal bank, when a huge mass of coal fell down, disclosing a large, smooth slate wall, upon the surface of which were plainly carved several lines of hieroglyphics. No one has yet been able to tell in what language the words are written. The letters are raised; the first line contains 25. It is probably that they were cut in the coal while in its vegetable state and during its formation into coal. The matter from which the slate is formed filled the impression and became solid, for since the removal of the coal we find the letters upon the slate apparently reversed.
The men discovered the wall with its undecipherable hieroglyphics about 100 feet below the surface. If the letters were cut into the coal in its "vegetable state," as the anonymous journalist suggests, then we are back in the Carboniferous Systems, approximately 250 million years ago.
The Scientific American for January 14, 1886, carries a report from the Lexington, Kentucky, Press that tells of a massive stone wall unearthed by workmen quarrying rock one mile from town on the Frankfort pike:
It had every appearance of having been built by human hands, the mortar seams and joints being very plain. Above it about ten feet of drift and twenty feet of rock had been removed by the workmen, and on the side exposed the men had advanced fully forty feet from where they first struck rock. Thus it was firmly embedded in a solid limestone quarry which certainly was formed about it since the wall was built. The face of the wall was well dressed, and its massive appearance gave evidence of the skill of hands perished long centuries ago, and could well be envied by the best of the stone masons of today.
On June 27, 1969, workmen leveling a rock shelf at 122nd Street on the Broadway Extension between Edmond and Oklahoma Ciry, Oklahoma, uncovered a rock formation that created a great deal of controversy among investigating authorities. To a layman, the site looked like an inlaid mosaic tile floor. Apparently looked very much like someone's inlaid floor to some of the experts as well.
"I am sure this was man-made because the stones are placed in perfect sets of parallel lines which intersect to form a diamond shape, all pointing to the east," said Durwood Pate, an Oklahoma City geologist who studied the site. "We found post holes which measure a perfect two rods from the other two. The top of the stone is very smooth, and if you lift one of them, you will find it is very jagged, which indicates wear on the surface. Everything is too well placed to be a natural formation [Edmond Booster, July 3, 1969],"
Dr. Robert Bell, an archaeologist from the University of Oklahoma, expressed his opinion that the find was a natural formation. Dr. Bell said that he could see no evidence of any mortaring substance. But Pate, on the other hand, was able to distinguish some kind of mud between each stone.
Delbert Smith, a geologist, president of the Oklahoma Seismograph Company, said the formation, which was discovered about three feet beneath the surface, appeared to cover several thousand square feet. The Tulsa World (June 29, 1969) quoted Smith as saying: "There is no question about it. It has been laid there, but I have no idea by whom."
On November 5, 1967, Frank Tolbert, columnist for the Dallas Morning News , wrote about a buried city under Rockwall, Texas. Raymond B. Cameron told Tolbert that the walls of the mystery city were about eight inches thick and that the stones had been formed, or placed, on top of each other with the ends breaking near the center of the stone above or below, just as a fine mason would build a wall. The stones gave the appearance of having been beveled around their edges, and the walls were too regular in appearance to have been formed by nature.
Cameron went on to say that there was a mortarlike substance between the stones. Then he dropped the biggest blockbuster of all: "Four large stones taken from wall segments appear to have been inscribed by some form of writing. This couldn't have been done by erosion, since the stones were underground."
Tolbert concluded his column by recalling the visit of a famous archaeologist, Count Byron Kuhn de Porok, to Dallas in the 1920·s. The count seemed to lean heavily on the theory that these were once the walls of an ancient city. He said the walls looked remarkably like those of buried cities he'd excavated in North Africa and the Middle East.
In March, 1964, Frank McNamara, Jr., digging in his cellar in South Boston in an attempt to plug a leak, unearthed a sculptured, ten-pound stone head. The artwork shows the hair in short curls; the eyes slant downward and are quite long; there is a rather primitive treatment of the ears.
This strange find in a South Boston basement has baffled some of the best archaeologists and anthropologists at Harvard and at a number of museums and schools. There is a consensus that the artifact is not the work of native American Indians. But from that point, no one is certain whether the piece should be ascribed to the Near East, Western Asia, or Egypt. One authority ventured his opinion that the style of the primitive head would suggest the Near East of about 700 B.C.
No one seems interested in speculating just how the artifact came to reside several feet below the earth in South Boston.
But, then, there aren't too many archaeologists or other members of the scientific community who appear very interested in determining the identity of the nations before our own that occupied the continents of North and South America.

Source: Steiger


Attack of the Monkey God

His name is Hanuman and he is one of the most popular gods in Hinduism. He is one of the key figures in the Hindu epic poem The Ramayana where he leads a monkey army to defeat the evil demon Ravana and rescue a princess. To Hindu worshippers in Thailand the epic is called The Ramakien and since 1902 the story has become a part of the Thai school curriculum. To many Thai the spirit of Hanuman is not myth, he is the living embodiment of Shiva who still wanders the earth looking for those who are pure of faith. He is a schizophrenic god who at one time can be peaceful and kind and the next be mischievous and violently unstable.

My Missionary friends the Johnson’s told me that in many rural and pastoral settings there are sometimes manifestations of Hanuman reported by the local villagers. Sometimes he is bringing gifts to the devout. Other times he comes at night and attacks for no reason. They always took these stories as colorful folklore until they met Nittaya, a teenage peasant girl from a village in Prachinburi province. She was brought to them one summer evening with an incredible story, one that was both disturbing and quite unbelievable.

It had all started while Nittaya and her brother Sanun were out in the forest looking for Mangosteen trees in order to harvest some of the rare fruit. Black market traders would pay handsomely for this rare commodity and Sanun had met an elderly gentleman who had told him that long ago this section of forest once had a grove of the trees that no one knew about. But the grove was deep in the jungle. The teenagers’ father had passed away years ago and they did what they could to support their mother and two younger siblings, and the trip while dangerous was too good to pass up. However the journey was a long one through the dense black foliage and soon they found themselves unquestionably lost. As they hacked their way back to where they thought they might have entered they found themselves face to face with a large wild Boar, who charged them. Sanun pushed his sister back and though he knew he would be no match for the charging animal, he drew his home made machete from his side and took a defensive stance. Try as he might Sanun barely gave the Boar a glancing blow and the fierce wild beast tore into his abdomen with its curved tusks. Just as it seemed that all was lost and the Boar heaved its body for another blow, something swung down from the trees.

She described it as a large monkey clothed in common villager’s garments with a small cane in its hand. It landed on the Boars back and proceeded to pummel the beast furiously. As it did so it emitted a scream that seemed to cry out in an unknown language. The jungle canopy seemed to rustle with life as hundreds of monkeys of all shapes and sizes scampered down to the clearing floor and assisted their garbed master in the attack. Confused and panicked the boar squealed loudly and violently ran into the immediate undergrowth trying to knock off its persistent assailants. The horde of monkeys followed after hooting and hollering as they continued the insistent molestation.

The large clothed monkey stayed in the clearing however and examined the gaping wound in Sanun’s abdomen with what looked like purposeful intent. He had a small hat tied around his neck and he fanned the air over the wound warding away the swarming flies that were beginning to take notice of the opened flesh. Nittaya was frozen in shock at what she had just witnessed and she wished to attend to her brother but was afraid the monkey might attack her as well. As if sensing her anxiety the monkey looked up at her and stared her directly in the eyes. It was then that she noticed that this monkey had a face that looked more like a little hairy man. She was sure she saw intelligence in those eyes as they held her own, and she began to tremble as she beheld the strangeness of the creature.

Then amazingly it spoke. In a growling mutter of grumbled syllables that she barely recognized as a broken Siamese dialect the creature mouthed the words, “Save him for a price.”

It was only the love of her brother that kept Nittaya from running away at that moment, she stood statue like and gaped at the simian.

The monkey pointed the small stick at Sanun who was writhing in pain as he bled to death on the jungle floor. It repeated its statement, “Save him for a price.”

Nittaya told the missionaries all she could do was nod her head in agreement as she stared at her dying brother. The monkey seemed to nod in agreement as well and turned to the boy once again. He pulled some leafs and powder from his pocket and applied it to the wound. With a high pitched warble the monkey man began to chant in an unearthly dialect as it rocked back and forth in unison with its vocal tempo.

After a few moments that seemed to drag on forever the creature stopped and backed away from the boy to let Nittaya see that the wound in Sanun’s abdomen had miraculously vanished. The impish being hopped away and seemed to laugh as it pointed to a barely discernable path to their left. “Home,” The creature said and then it quickly jumping into the trees above vanishing from sight in the dense overgrowth of the jungle covering.

With a tired moan Sanun feebly attempted to stand upright on the jungle floor. Quickly Nittaya came to his aid and asked if he was alright. Examining his stomach earnestly he said that he felt fine and asked what had happened. Quickly his sister told him the bizarre story and asked him if he had heard the monkey man talk also. He gave her a queer look and replied that all he remembered was the Boar attacking him and then the pain. Then suddenly there was a wonderful music and he felt strange warmth envelop his body. He neither saw nor had heard any monkeys.

Nittaya was ecstatic, she was sure this was a manifestation of Hanuman who had heard their desperate prayers for help and had appeared to save them. To prove her point she showed him the path that the monkey man had pointed to and sure enough within minutes they found themselves on the small road where they had initially entered the forest. Excited for this miracle she told everyone in her village the incredible story. Sanun’s blood stained shirt was proof of the astounding healing he received from Hanuman.

But within a few weeks strange things began to happen in the sibling’s household.

Nittaya began to have disturbing dreams of the monkey god visiting her in the night as she slept. Kissing her and telling her that she was to be his bride. Soon she would be like him and they would live in the wild as animals. In the dreams as she protested he reminded her of the debt she owed him for saving her brother. This was the cost of the miracle and there was nothing she could do about it. A few of the dreams ended with the god screaming manically as she transformed into a monkey herself, and she awoke in a panic. Sometimes she awoke to find the Plexiglas window to her room had been opened when she knew it was closed beforehand to prevent small animals or large bugs to fly into her room.

One night she awoke to find a necklace made of interwoven vines and flowers lying on her bed.

Slowly over the course of many days Nittaya began to have trouble speaking, until she was only able to communicate with only the most rudimentary of language as if she was regressing to the verbal capability of a small toddler.

Strangest of all the hair on her body began to thicken and spread until her arms, legs, back and neck were covered in a coarse black hair.

It was only after this that Nittaya’s mother and brother brought her to the missionaries to seek help. They were sure that the encounter and dreams that Nittaya had were true and the monkey god was turning her into his mate just as she envisioned. They believed the Missionaries had the power to combat this magic and set their daughter free.

Of course the Johnsons were skeptical of this fanciful tale and took her to the clinic on the mission compound to see if the nurse had any answers. But the nurse could find no easy answers for the young girl’s maladies. Perhaps it was a hormonal imbalance or rare disease that was causing these symptoms but in order to be certain she had to take samples and send them off to a lab in Bangkok. The results would be back in about a month.

In the meantime Nittaya’s family begged the Missionaries to let her stay in their compound, for they were sure that the girl would get worse if she would be in her own bed. The Johnsons agreed to this in order to calm the mother who seemed overwhelmed with emotion. Nittaya could stay in the guest room of the main Mission house until the test results came back.

During her stay Mrs. Johnson would check up on the girl before she would retire to her own bedroom in the evening. On the first night she was terrified when she opened the guest bedroom door to see a monkey on the bed bending over the young girls face. Of course she screamed and the monkey stood up and gave off a guttural hiss.

That was when she noticed the monkey was clothed and held a small stick in its hand like a staff. With a mix of fear and rage Mrs. Johnson picked up a pitcher of water that stood by the doorway and threw it at the creature on the bed. In a quick jump it dodged the projectile and landed on the windowsill of the open window. It made a last squeal that almost sounded like a crude language of sorts and then it disappeared in the night.

Nittaya had remained asleep and unaware of these bizarre events, and as quickly as she could Mrs. Johnson closed the window that she was sure had been latched before the girl was put to bed. She roused her husband and they furiously prayed over the girl that night repelling any spiritual force that might be at work and exorcizing any demonic force that was meddling in the girl’s affairs. There were no supernatural events during the course of the prayer; in fact they reported that the young teen had drifted naively in and out of sleep through the whole deliverance session. No strange voices echoed from her mouth as one possessed might and no paranormal activity appeared in the room as they battled in prayer.

But whatever they did seemed to work Mr. Johnson reported modestly. There was never again an unwanted visitor to the girl’s bedroom. Within a matter of weeks her speech improved so that she was talking normally by the time it came for her to go home. She no longer had nightmares and the hair stopped its abnormal growth over her body. The family was grateful to the Missionaries and had a conversion of faith because of what they believe is a miraculous deliverance from a evil spirit. Nittaya’s mother reported that within a few months almost all of the hair that had grown on the girls body was gone.

What happened to that young Thai girl during those weeks? Was it the spirit of Hanuman that saved Sanun only to demand the life of the girl as payment for his actions? Were her dreams coming true, was she turning into a monkey like Hanuman as her family believed?

The blood work was normal, although she was a bit malnourished. There was no apparent cause for her symptoms.

Was it all a psychosomatic delusion on Nittaya’s part, and was the blood on her brother’s shirt the blood of a Boar? Was the appearance of the monkey at her bed a coincidence?

Mrs. Johnson was sure of what she saw, the monkey was clothed.

Every once in a while the Johnsons hear more stories about the appearance of the “monkey man” in various parts of the country and all the stories are in the context of a supernatural apparition.

While the Western world might scoff at these fantastic stories, in many parts of the Earth the spiritual world is just as real as the physical. And it can often manifest itself in the most astounding ways.

Source: The Paranormal Pastor


Web Site Users Share Lake Norman Monster Sightings

The Lake Norman Monster - is it a hoax, or is it real? The question has been asked here for more than a quarter century. At first, Normie’s existence was only a rumor, started by an individual who claimed he saw something very large swimming in the lake.

Next were tales from anonymous scuba divers inspecting the dam. As they swam near the bottom of the lake, a burst of water pushed them toward the rocks, and something large swimming above them turned the water black by obscuring the sunlight. The astonished divers reportedly freaked out!

Hundreds of monster sightings have been reported since - so many, in fact, that a Web site was developed by Matt Myers for people to post their observations. In 2007, 10 different incidents were reported.

Matt learned years ago that those who report sightings of UFOs hovering overhead or mermaids, monsters or alligators in the lake are viewed with suspicion. However, he wanted a venue to welcome such discussions without fear of reprisal or criticism.

That’s when he created

While some sightings are suspect, Matt says there is enough substance to think there might be a creature lurking below the water’s surface. He cites the following comments as giving weight to the monster theories:

* “Its eyes were the size of basketballs.”

* “It had a huge body with two large fins.”

* “I was swimming in the northern part of the lake when I saw the water divide, and something sticking out of the water was coming toward me.”

* “The ‘catfish’ I saw was definitely bigger than I was. It was dark gray and approximately 4 feet long and 2 feet wide.”

When asked why the increased interest in Normie, Matt says “Other large lakes have legendary monsters, so why not Norman? Lake Norman is the state’s largest lake, with water depths to over 130 feet, and it has more than 500 miles of shoreline - lots of room for a monster to roam.”

And the increased sightings have everyone keeping an eye out, he said.

“Newspaper articles about record catfish from LKN, stories about big garfish, recent stockings of grass carp (that grow to huge portions) and reports of people catching the dreaded snakehead fish have everyone scanning the water,” Matt said.

He also cited a rumor about a biological experiment that possibly went awry. Years ago, Arkansas Blue Catfish and Wyoming Buffalo Carp were reportedly cross-bred in hopes of producing a fish that would grow to 1,000 pounds and provide excellent table fare.

Rumors are these fish were stocked in Lake Norman. To date, none have been caught.

Source: Statesville Record and Landmark


The Weird World of Psychic Pets

Cats who know exactly when they are going to be taken to the vets. Dogs who sense their owners' whereabouts  -  even if they are miles away. And birds who seem to mourn the deaths of those around them... our pets and other animals have always been intuitive  -  but do they really have a mysterious sixth sense?

A new book by Britain's leading clinical authority on near-death experiences, Dr Peter Fenwick, and his wife Elizabeth, a counsellor, examines the remarkable cases of psychic animals. . .

There is nothing new about the idea that animals can acquire information from an extra sense that we humans have now lost  -  if we ever had it at all.

Most pet owners can probably quote some example of a cat or dog behaving like a mind-reader.

Dogs often behave as if they know when their owner is setting off for home, though the owner may be many miles away, and may wait by the door for them to arrive.

Cats are notorious for being able to sense when a visit to the vet is in the offing.

One academic, Rupert Sheldrake, author of Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home, contacted 65 veterinary offices in London and asked if they had any problem with cat owners keeping their appointments.

Not only had 64 noticed such problems, but some were no longer making appointments for cat owners, explaining: 'Cat appointments don't work.'

It isn't simply that the cats notice their owner approaching with a cat basket  -  the animals actually hide as soon as they sense that their owner is beginning to think: 'I'd better start looking for Puss now if we're to make it to the vets on time . . .'

Similarly, an awareness of death is certainly not restricted to us humans. The enormous interest generated by the case of the intuitive American cat, Oscar, indicates the fascination prescient pet behaviour holds.

Oscar lives in a nursing home and has an uncanny ability to sense when a resident is about to die. When a patient is near death, Oscar nearly always appears and hops on the bed.

The staff have come to recognise and respect Oscar's instincts, and send for the relatives of any patient he has chosen to curl up beside.

But they have no explanation for it. Oscar shows no interest in patients who are simply in poor shape, or who still have a few days to live.

Oscar, a hospice cat has an uncanny knack for predicting when nursing home patients are going to die

One theory says a cat's acute sensitivity to smell might enable it to detect some subtle change in metabolism around the time of death, but no one has been able to explain why any moggy should show an interest in the approach of the Grim Reaper.

Given this, it is perhaps not surprising so many people have told us of deathbed-related cat and dog incidents.

Ann Liddell described the odd behaviour of her Newfoundland dog on the night her mother died.

'At about 4.30am he started to bark  -  not his usual sharp warning bark, but howling. I knew instantly that my mother had died, and soon after we got the call from the hospital to confirm this.'

Michael Finch's mother was dying of cancer. One night Michael left the hospital and returned home to let the dog out.

'I will never forget this as long as I live. At 10.45pm, the dog began to howl like a wolf. It was spine-chilling. I just knew this was because Mum had died.

For five minutes he howled uncontrollably and then took to bed.

'The dog was a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and had never made such a deep, wild and rasping sound. When my father and sister returned later, they confirmed Mum had died at 10.45 pm.'

Susan Burman told how when her husband was on his deathbed, their cat curled up by his feet. As he took his dying breath, the fur on the cat's back stuck out as if by static electricity.

We were told by a carer of a very similar reaction by a resident's cat which normally slept on his bed.

The cat happened to come into the room at the moment the resident died, and a nurse who was present reported: 'It shrieked and sped around the room a couple of times  -  and then shot out of the room as though it didn't want to be there.

The cat sensed the spirits had finally come for the resident.'

An even stranger story is that of the Cox's cat. It concerns one of our oldest friends, Brian, a biochemist working in a university research department  -  a person, you might think, not given to imagining things, or jumping to conclusions.

For some years before she died, Brian's elderly aunt would visit regularly. Each time she came she would spend most of her time sitting in one particular chair, and the cat (gratified, as cats usually are, to find a member of the household willing to sit still in one particular place for some considerable time) would spend most of its time sitting on her knee.

The aunt always insisted that when she died, Brian should ensure that she was buried beside her husband  -  otherwise, she said, she would haunt her nephew. Some months later, she died.

Between the day she died and the day of her funeral, the cat behaved strangely. On going into the sitting room, its hackles rose and its fur stood on end.

It avoided the aunt's chair and hid behind the sofa. After the funeral, when the aunt had indeed been buried beside her husband, the cat's behaviour returned to normal.

Far from reacting like Oscar the cat  -  who never lost his composure in the face of death (and indeed seemed to seek death out)  -  most of the animals we have been told about seem to have been very disturbed.

Dogs bark or howl, and cats' fur stands on end. Perhaps they are experiencing the presence of the dying, or have an awareness of death  -  but there is no question of them finding it comforting.

Birds, however, are traditionally associated with death  -  usually as harbingers of doom  -  and several accounts sent to us concerned bird sightings.

In two cases shortly after the death, a small bird would fly into the house and perch, apparently unconcerned, on a piece of furniture before flying out again.

Not all that unusual, admittedly  -  but for the bird to appear unperturbed is certainly strange. It's more usual for a bird that has flown into a house to fly around, beating itself against the windows in a panic to escape.

Everyone involved in each of these cases felt the bird's visit was intimately related to the death. Alison Hole, a nurse, wrote to us describing the moments after the death of one of her patients.

The heaviness in the atmosphere of a room after a death, and the feeling that 'something' lingers on after a death and must be released, has also been mentioned by several other correspondents.

Alison reported: 'Walking across the room was slow as the atmosphere was heavy and the floor was like walking through tar.

Once I opened the window, the atmosphere in the room cleared and I noticed a white bird the other side of the window.

'While it is normal for birds to nest or rest on the hospital window ledges, this was around 4am in the winter. It was dark and too early for dawn  -  and this was not a seagull. I never saw another pale bird in the area.'

The following story describes bird behaviour that is way beyond what one would expect of a normal bird in normal circumstances.

Oliver Robinson's owl made its appearance some time after the death it was associated with, so it falls into the category of after-death communication rather than deathbed coincidence.

But the extraordinary behaviour of the owl, together with the feelings it engendered in Oliver's mother, made the temptation to include it here irresistible.

The first appearance of the owl was on one warm April morning, some months after the death of Oliver's grandmother. Oliver's mother here describes what happened.

'There was a terrific commotion outside the kitchen, caused by our garden birds. When I went out to see what all the fuss was about, the birds were dive-bombing an owl which sat on one of the lower branches of the oak tree.

'It seemed strange that an owl was out in the middle of the day, and although the small birds were trying to frighten it away, it just sat quietly in the tree.

'As the day warmed up I opened the French windows on the south side of the house. When I stepped out into the garden, there was a great flapping of wings and the owl flew down and landed in front of me on the grass.

'It was a large tawny owl about 12in high. It looked up at me with big brown eyes and mewed. It seemed very tame.

'During the day, every time I went outside, the owl would come down and stand in front of me. It was almost as if it was trying to say something. The big brown eyes looked so human and reminded me of my mother, also brown-haired, who had died the previous summer.'

The feathered visitor's strange behaviour didn't end there.

Oliver's mother continues: 'When my husband and children came home I told them about the owl but thought no more about it.

'We always sleep with our top windows open, and that night there was a lot of scuffling and rustling at the window. The owl came down to sit on the window  -  behaviour my husband didn't like at all.

'The next morning, I opened the kitchen windows. No sooner had I opened the large window over the sink, than there was a great flurry of wings and the owl flew right into the kitchen.

'It seemed best for the children and my husband to go out and close the doors while I opened the outside door, hoping to coax it outside, but it seemed to be quite at home in the kitchen.

'It flew down to the other end, and sat on the curtain rail watching me. It had a tremendous wing-span and it was remarkable that nothing was knocked over. Eventually it flew out of the window and sat on the back porch.

'When we went out to the car later that morning, it came straight down and perched on the flowerpot I was carrying. As we drove out, it sat on the gatepost watching us.

'It came down to our window again that night and to the porch the next day, but not down to my feet. After a few days it disappeared. Every now and then I would hear the sound of it nearby.'

The ability to fly has always been regarded as a magical power, the stuff of dreams.

Perhaps that is why birds have always been regarded as having an element of the supernatural and why, in so many myths and legends, they provide a link between the human world and the supernatural or divine, associated with both birth and death.

In some cultures, the human soul is believed to arrive on Earth in bird form, and in many societies, birds are seen as carriers or symbols of the human soul, flying heavenwards after death, or as guardians who guide the soul to the afterlife.

Perhaps these perplexing modern bird stories indicate the possible origin of these myths  -  or maybe they are a demonstration that these are more than simply legends.

Source: The Daily Mail

Author Peter Robbins will be speaking and signing books at the Roswell, NM Public Library this Monday, July 7, 2008 at 7:00PM.

The subject of his free book reading is "Left at East Gate and the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident: Facts, Observations, and Reflections."

Be sure to tune in to Speaking of Strange with host Joshua P. Warren
Saturday nights from 8-11pm ET on AM 570 WWNC
You can also listen live at:

Sign up today for Bizarre Bazaar and Conspiracy Journal Magazines

Click on banner to sign up for two FREE magazines!

Cosmic Horizons - Tuesdays at 8:00pm Eastern


UFO Casebook

UFO Magazine

Conspiracy Journal - Issue 477 7/11/08
Subscribe for free at our subscription page: