8/14/09  #533
Subscribe for free at our subscription page:
You can view this newsletter online at:

He stays up late into the night - fearful to sleep because of those who watch in the dark. They watch from the sky. The watch from the streets. They watch with the cold, glassy stare of hidden cameras. His communications are not safe. They read all that goes in, and all that goes out. His entertainment is monitored 24 hours a day. They know what TV shows he sees and which web sites on the Internet he visits. But despite all they see and do - nothing can prevent the arrival of his favorite weekly e-mail newsletter of the strange and weird. Yes that's RIGHT! Conspiracy Journal is here once again to reveal all the deep, dark secrets that THEY don't want YOU to know!

This week Conspiracy Journal brings you such ocular-piercing tales as:

- New UFO Secrets Surface in Brazil -
- Curious Case of a Missing Ship -
- Giant Lunar Towers -
Mystery Still Engulfs Lake Worth, Texas Monster -
AND: Israel's Mermaid Fever

All these exciting stories and MORE in this week's issue of

~ And Now, On With The Show! ~

The Conspiracy Summit Dossier: Whistle Blower's Guide To The Strangest And Most Bizarre Cosmic And Global Conspiracies!

Newly Added Revelations From:

Adam Gorightly: Ritual Magic, Mind Control and UFOs.

Commander X: Mind Control In The 21st Century.

Kenn Thomas: Wilhelm Reich, Eisenhower And The Aliens.

Terry Melanson: The Sulphur Enigma Of Paranormal Visitation.

Hundreds gathered at the Alien Agenda and Cosmic Conspiracies Conference to hear the testimony of a dozen of the world s leading theorists discussing various cutting edge topics.

Panel members included... Retired Air Force pilot Mel Noel, Jordan Maxwell, Wendy Wallace, Vladimir Terziski, Alexander Collier, Carol Stopper, PX Survivor Al Bielek, Gary Schultz ,Sean David Morton, AND MANY OTHERS!

Discussed were Mind Control The Rapture Eisenhower And The Aliens The Gulf Breeze Six Project Blue Beam Ritual Magic And UFOs What was hidden aboard Space Shuttle Challenger when it exploded over the Atlantic System of tunnels built 200,000 years ago by aliens who are linked to the New World Order Secret anti-gravity ships were built in 1860 and landed on the Moon and Mars NASA is just a front for the real space program Hybrid children have been born in American hospitals Ultra-secret military legions were trained to enter UFO crash sites to recover aliens and wreckage Anti-gravity ships exist that will take thousands of elitists from earth in case of a cosmic disaster (which is on the way)!

EXCLUSIVE! FIRST TIME EVER INTERVIEW: BILL COOPER S DAUGHTER SPEAKS OUT! Daughter of the legendary patriot and former Naval Officer, Jessica Cooper, gives her first ever interview with Tim Beckley, discussing her dad's raging battle with the authorities, what he REALLY believed about UFOs, the Kennedy assassination, and how the Feds tried to use her to lure her father down from the safety of his mountain top retreat.

If you order RIGHT NOW we will include an incredible audio CD of the late Bill Cooper, the man the White House said was the most DANGEROUS person in broadcasting!  Both The Conspiracy Dossier and the Free Bill Cooper audio CD are yours for only $22.00 + $5 s/h. (All Foreign Orders $13 Shipping)

This incredible book and CD is available now for just
$22.00 + $5.00 S/H
  ($13 for Foreign Shipping)

OR -You can order with our secure order page:  

You can also phone in your credit card orders to Global Communications
24-hour hotline: 732-602-3407

And as always you can send a check or money order to:
Global Communications
P.O. Box 753
New Brunswick, NJ  08903


In This Incredible Issue:

Feature Articles
Decoding the Bible
Whether resting on an altar, courtroom podium, or bedroom nightstand, the Holy Bible commands respect. Although the longest debate about its teachings concerns evolution versus creationism, today’s controversy is not generating sermons or atheists’ arguments inasmuch as  challenging a standard belief system. The Good Book is getting a  closer look from people who are learning that past tragedies, such as 9/11 and the future    Apocalypse, may actually be encrypted in this 3,200-year-old text.
Sunspots and the Number 11 in the 2012 Prophesy
Our times are bracketed by two specific dates—September 11, 2001 and  
December 21, 2012—the greatest single act of terrorism on the continental United States and the end of the Mayan calendar. If, as some observers suspect, something more than a coincidental relationship exists between these two events, its explanation must lie beyond the powers of ordinary human reason and in the world of numbers.
The Mayan Calendar: Ancient Prophesies for a New World
On December 21, 2012, the world as we know it will cease to exist.  This prediction, made thousands of years ago by Mayan shamans, has  raised many questions: What does the ancient prophecy mean? Will a cataclysmic event destroy the planet and how and why did the Mayans choose the winter solstice in a year so far into the future? Scholars claim the answers to all these questions are found in the Mayan  
The Loch Ness Monster: Hoax or Horror?
Whichever estimate of sightings we accept, be it 600, 3,000, or 10,000, there is no shortage of anecdotal evidence that a strange creature inhabits Loch Ness.

Now available at your favorite bookstore or magazine stand.



New UFO Secrets Surface in Brazil

Over 1,300 pages of former secret UFO documents surface in Brazil and was given to the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers.

Hundreds of papers from the Brazilian Air Force’s official System for the Investigation of Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon have surfaced and demonstrate how Nation’s military authorities dealt with the UFO Phenomena in the 60s and 70s.

The Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU) has just received a massive lot of new UFO-related documents from the Brazilian government, which disclose in detail the inner workings of the official body created by the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) in 1969, during the dictatorship years, to investigate the presence and activity of aliens in the country: the System for the Investigation of Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (SIOANI). This time, however, the newly disclosed documents have not come from the government, as a result of the campaign “UFOs: Freedom of Information Now!”, which has so far produced three official disclosures, the largest and most important of which was on May 4th, largely announced worldwidely.

The new former secret material was handed over to CBU by civilian researcher Edison Boaventura, from Grupo Ufológico do Guarujá (GUG), who has kept such material away from the Brazilian UFO community for over 10 years. Boaventura was given the referred documents by a retired Brazilian Air Force military source in the 90s and has kept it secret since then. At the recent III World UFO Forum, held in June 2009 in Curitiba (PR), Brazil, however, he was formally requested by the members of CBU and decided to hand over the whole lot of documents on behalf of the freedom of information campaign. “I decided to contribute to this endeavor, so I’m sending these documents to be published by the Brazilian UFO Magazine”, he declared.

Last week, Boaventura gave to the Brazilian UFO Magazine editor A. J. Gevaerd, coordinator of the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU), over 1,300 pages of previously unseen documents from SIOANI, besides 28 colored sketches and 64 photos taken by the Air Force in the 1960’s. Along with them, there came 137 pages of color files with 3 sketches and 17 photos, all official. He has been asked by many other Brazilian UFO researchers why he had kept all such material far from the UFO Community for so long.

Previously unreleased material

This vastly important and significant material was not part of the official Brazilian UFO disclosure. The Brazilian UFO Magazine website [www.ufo.com.br] has already made available in the last months over 1,200 pages of documents, besides 200 photos of SIOANI’s activities as well as Operation Saucer, carried out in the Amazonian region in 1977. But none of the documents received by CBU from the Brazilian Government contained anything such as the colored drawings of UFOs made by the military personnel who used to work for SIOANI, nor pictures of witnesses, such as that of nurse Maria Cintra, who had a close encounter with an extraterrestrial being on the early hours of August 25th 1968, in Lins (SP), one of the classical UFO incidents in Brazilian Ufology that was secretly investigated by the militaries.

Included in the newly revealed documents are the detailed research proceedings carried out in dozens of UFO-related incidents, which had not been made public so far. Some of the colored sketches of UFO incidents investigated by SIOANI are here:


All the material handed over to the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers CBU) was additionally sent to the Nation`s National Archives in the Federal Capital, Brasilia, whose reception was officially communicated to the Nation president’s Civil Office, and now became an integral part of the process headed by CBU. “This will no doubt add to the pressure exerted upon the Government for the release of new folders containing data pertaining to UFOs and the military activity in the ongoing Brazilian UFO research”, said geographer Fernando Ramalho, one of CBU’s members. This material now made public through the Brazilian UFO Magazine should be released just when it was given to a civilian researcher, over 10 years ago.

Download the new files in PDF or JPG formats (total is over 360 Mb) from this address:


Other documents can be found here:





Please note: Download, print, publicize and otherwise share these documents around, but not fail to mention the source, Brazilian UFO Magazine, and emphasize that this material is coming to public thanks to the efforts of the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU).

What was the SIOANI

The System for the Investigation of Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (SIOANI) was unprecedented in Brazil and in the world. It was created in 1969, under the inspiration and guidance of Air Force major-brigadier José Vaz da Silva, head of the Committee for the Investigation of Flying Saucers. In its early stages, SIOANI had high-ranked propositions and it operated exemplarily. Its conceptualization demonstrates so: “SIOANI is the collective resources of personnel and materiel dedicated to the investigation and research of the so-called Unidentified Aerial Objects (UAO) phenomenon”. The closure of the USAF’s Project Blue Book in 1969 may have contributed for the shutting down of SIOANI in 1972. Unfortunately, over 90% of FAB personnel nowadays have absolutely no knowledge of this amazing endeavor. However, as far as we know, the percentage of laypeople involved in the issue tends to increase quickly. The SIOANI was organically constituted by:

    (a) Center for the Investigation of Unidentified Aerial Objects (CIOANI) – A central body of the System.

    (b) Investigation Zone of Unidentified Aerial (ZIOANI) – A geographical area which comprised the Offices for the Investigations of Unidentified Aerial Objects (NIOANI). There were six of those offices.

    (c) Office for the Investigation of Unidentified Aerial Objects (NIOANI) – A bureau that was in charge of observing, investigating and collecting materials for research into the Unidentified Aerial Objects (UAO). Its function could be executed by a military agency, a public institution or individuals. The NIOANI was attached to its corresponding ZIOANI.

    (d) Research and Analysis Laboratories (LIOANI) – Supporting agencies for the accomplishment of research tasks and material analysis related to UAO.

    (e) Personnel and materiel transport (TIOANI) – Means of transportation that was first provided by official agencies, military or civilian, upon request by CIOANI, ZIOANI or NIOANI. When official transport was not available, the commercial transportation could be used. The transport had to be appropriate, efficient and fast. A quick arrival to the spot where a UFO incident had occurred was basic, so that there would be no alteration of traces or distortion of facts. For that purpose there were five small-sized aircraft, two twin-engine craft and three single-engine craft, based on the Park for Aeronautical Materiel in São Paulo, and were run by the 4th Air Zone. Those aircraft were used for the Organization’s normal services, as well by those demanded by SIOANI.

    (f) Communication network (RIOANI) – Comprised of a web that involved the now-extinct FAB’s communication networks, and further Singular Forces (Brazilian Army and Navy), Police Forces and the amateur-radio network, aiming at rapid transmission of phenomenological occurrences or the information flow between the several links in the system. SIOANI reported to the Ministry of the Aeronautics, but the results of its work was forwarded to the Air Force’s Chiefs-of-Staff. Within the 4th Air Zone, it was outside the frame of its Chiefs-of-Staff, but its chief was also responsible for the 2nd Section (Information), encompassing CIOANI, which confirmed that the UFO issue was handled by an Information (nowadays Intelligence) officer.

Considering that SIOANI wasn’t a top secret agency and that even civilian researchers took part of its procedures, all this structure proves that Brazil was the first country in the world ever to officially and publicly admit the reality of the UFO Phenomena, and the first one to investigate it openly, in a not secret manner.

Many thanks to Marcos Malvezzi Leal for helping in the translation.

Source: A. J. Gevaerd, Editor, Brazilian UFO Magazine,
Coordinator, Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU),
National Director, Mutual UFO Network (MUFON)


Curious Case of a Missing Ship

Cargo Vessel's Disappearance Confounds European Authorities, Spawns Theories.

The Arctic Sea, a 4,700-ton cargo ship registered in Malta, owned by Russians and crewed by 15 Siberian sailors, dropped off the map shortly after it cleared the English Channel and nosed into the broad Atlantic.

That was two weeks ago.

Europe's governments, maritime authorities and navies have since been wondering how a ship equipped with modern navigation devices, a tracking beacon and radio communications could have disappeared so suddenly and remained out of touch so long in one of the world's busiest and most monitored shipping lanes.

Hijacked? That may be the case, but why and by whom? Lying at the bottom? Perhaps, but there was no distress signal. Or maybe, it was suggested Thursday, there was a dispute over a stash of contraband -- such as drugs -- or even a plan by the captain and crew members to sell the declared cargo of Finnish timber in Africa and make off with the cash.

But with the ship incommunicado and its satellite beacon unreadable, nobody really has anything to go on. An international search has been launched, nevertheless, concentrated in the seas off Portugal and Gibraltar, and the Russian Defense Ministry dispatched a half-dozen warships, including two submarines, in case the ship and crew are in trouble.

The Arctic Sea, owned by the Russian firm Solchart Arkhangelsk, began its voyage in a mundane enough way. On contract for a Finnish lumber company, Rets Timber, it pulled out of Pietarsaari, a port in Finland, on July 23 with the manifest showing a hold full of wooden planks worth $1.7 million to be delivered to the busy construction sites of Algeria. It was scheduled to pull into the port of Bejaia on Aug. 4.

But soon after it left, as it churned peacefully southward, down the Baltic Sea just east of Sweden, something mysterious happened. According to the ship's owners, crew members reported by radio that 10 armed men wearing masks and claiming to be Swedish narcotics police searching for contraband drugs boarded the 294-foot Arctic Sea on July 24. The men tied up the crew members, searched the ship for 12 hours, found nothing and then left in a high-speed inflatable dinghy, the company said.

But the Swedish police said they had conducted no such raid. And the company revealed what it had been told about the boarding a week after it happened. Acting on the company's belated alarm, Interpol, the international police agency, issued an alert Aug. 3, by which time the Arctic Sea had sailed down the English Channel, through the Dover Strait and out into the Atlantic.

Maggie Hill, a spokeswoman for Britain's Maritime and Coastguard Agency, said the ship was in radio contact with the agency July 28 as required while passing through the Dover Strait. As regulations mandate, she added, the ship's officer identified the vessel, said how many people were on board, described its cargo, and detailed its route and destination.

There was no hint that anything had gone wrong, and nothing was said about the boarding off Sweden or any change of course. "There was nothing untoward at all," Hill said. "We had one and only one contact with the ship, and it was totally normal."

The next contact -- the last confirmed one -- was two days later, when French authorities reported that they picked up signals off Brest from the Arctic Sea's Automatic Identification System, a U.N.-required beacon that is supposed to beam out a ship's name and position via satellite at all times.

Since then, radio contact has been broken off and the beacon has been unreadable. The Russian news media reported that Swedish police received a call from the crew July 31, but that has not been confirmed and Swedish authorities have declined to say what, if anything, the conversation was about.

That left many lines of speculation open about what might have happened. Some experts suggested that the boarding party off Sweden was composed of pirates and still had control of the ship, intending to take it to West Africa to sell the timber. Others raised the possibility of a drug deal gone wrong, provoking a standoff between rival mafia factions. Still others harked back to cases in which the ship's captains had tried to make off with the cargo.

David Osler, industrial editor at the Lloyd's List maritime newspaper, said, "It seems to be some kind of dispute between Russian interests." The piracy theory is difficult to sustain, he pointed out, considering that the waterway is highly policed and hundreds of ships pass through every day.

Piracy, Osler said, usually breaks down into three categories: the Somalia model, in which ship and crew are held for ransom; the Asian model, in which ships are repainted and sold under another identity; and the simple holdup, in which captains are held up for the cash on board.

"None of these varieties applies here," Osler said. "There's no ransom, low-value cargo, and it's not a straightforward heist. You can rule out the main types of piracy, so it must be some other form of crime."

Source: The Washington Post


Giant Lunar Towers

With the recent excitment concerning the discovery of an alleged "monolith" on Mars, there is growing evidence that, contrary to what we have been told, the US landed on the moon only to find that someone else had got there before them. This evidence may be disturbing to many, because it implies that a civilization, or civilizations, more advanced than our own has built enormous structures on the moon. This evidence comes not from some remote planet like Mars but from the Moon right above our heads.

In 1997 American researcher, Steven Wingate, discovered an anomaly in NASA image AS16-121-19407(H) shown below. The apparent structure looks like a huge tower standing at the rim of the Lobachevski crater on the ‘dark’ side of the moon. A distinct shadow cast by the structure is clearly visible on its right hand side.

More recently a probe launched by the European Space Agency (ESA) has also photographed a massive tower-like object on the inside perimeter of a crater on the far side of the moon. As shown below, the shadow cast by the structure is clearly visible on the left hand side. This image, taken by the advanced Moon Imaging Experiment (AMIE) on board ESA’s SMART-1 spacecraft, shows crater Lomonosov. AMIE obtained the image on the 30th January 2006 with a ground resolution of 190 metres per pixel. The imaged area is centred at a latitude of 27.8º North and a longitude of 98.6º East [AMI-EAE3-001856-00042-00038].

The Apollo 10 lunar orbiter photograph AS10-32-4822 and the three sequential photographs AS10-32-4854 - 56 all show two massively tall structures known as the "Tower" and the "Shard" in the southwestern area of Sinus Medii from different angles and different perspectives.

The Shard

The Shard is a structure which towers above the Moon's surface by more than a mile. Its overall irregular spindly shape, with constricted nodes and swollen inter-nodes, looks anything but natural. No known natural process can explain the presence of such a structure. Computer enhancement shows an irregular outline with more reflective and less reflective surfaces. The amount of sunlight reflecting from parts of the Shard indicates a composition consistent with crystal, glass or polished metal. Single crystals the size of city blocks are currently unknown. The Shard may be an eroded remnant of an artificial structure made of glass-like material.

The Tower

The Tower is even more massive than the Shard soaring to more than five miles above the surface of the Moon. It has been photographed from five different angles and two different altitudes (from 30 miles altitude, and from 70 miles altitude at three different distances). In all four photographs the same structure is visible and can be viewed from two different sides. The Tower exists in front of and to the left of the Shard in the Lunar Orbiter III-84M photograph. The distance from the Tower and the camera is estimated at about 200 miles, while the distance of the Shard beyond the Tower is estimated at about 230 miles. The top of the Tower has a very ordered cubic geometry, and appears to be composed of regular cubes (similar in size) joined together to form a very large cube with an estimated width of over one mile. There is apparent damage to the outline and surface of this structure. A narrow columnar structure appears to connect this cube with the surface of the Moon. The columnar support is at least three miles in height.

Photographs of strange surface anomalies made the front page of a November 1966 edition of The Washington Post. NASA Lunar Orbiter 2 had photographed what appeared to be six or seven towers, arranged in a specific geometric pattern, in the Mare Tranquilis region of the moon. Their pointed shadows indicated that they were either conical or pyramid-shaped. One of the apparent towers measured over 200 metres in height. NASA countered that the photographs did not show anything of any interest… whatsoever. The Russian magazine Argosy published comments made by Russian space scientist Alexander Abromov. He stated that the Russian Luna 9 probe had, on landing on the Moon on the 4th February 1966, taken some strange looking photographs: structures that stood in the landscape in a distinct pattern. The tops of the structures appeared to have a profile similar to a pyramidion.

Looking at the old Apollo photographs and more recent pictures taken by satellite, ink spots and blurs can frequently be seen. NASA and the US air force censors have carefully inspected every single photograph and have blurred some areas while applying black ink to others. What are they trying to hide?

Technology has moved on since the days of the Apollo missions. Computers and their software are now vastly more sophisticated. Features that were not evident on lunar photographs released to the public in the 1960s and 1970’s, and thus missed by the censors, can now be discerned using modern image analysis software. Detailed analysis of photographs released by NASA has revealed evidence of what appear to be ruins and artificial constructions of various types.

Numerous massive towers have been discovered on the lunar surface. Below is an attempt by the NASA censors to smudge out one of these towers from an Apollo photograph.

Attempts to conceal the towers may not have always been successful. As can be seen in the photograph below, a massive tower is clearly visible on an old NASA photograph enhanced using modern image processing technology. Many such photographs were taken out of the windows of orbiting NASA spacecraft at different angles and altitudes. The absence of shadow in the picture below could be explained by the sun being more or less overhead at the time of photographing.

An investigator of lunar anomalies, Joseph P. Skipper, has carried out extensive searches of the Clementine photograph data base. He has come up with some very clear examples of attempts by censors to blur out images that look like massive towers. His website at http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evidence-reports/2004/067/moon-towers.htm is well worth a visit.


So what are the implications of the growling list of lunar anomalies that appear to be buildings and towers? Are these artificial constructions active or long abandoned? Who built them – men or aliens?

Why have the Americans kept quiet about these structures for so long? The most likely reason is that they still do not know what they are. Conventional archaeology does not allow for an ancient human super civilisation that was capable of space flight. The experts at NASA and the US military will therefore assume that what they have discovered on the moon is incontrovertible evidence that we are not alone in the universe – that an advanced alien intelligence is far closer to us than we ever dared to imagine.

Source: Hall of the Gods


Eerie Occurrences at Naval Museum Attract Ghost Hunters

Ghost hunters from Alabama to investigate museum for paranormal activity.

Books are flying off the shelves down at Columbus' National Civil War Naval Museum located in Columbus, Georgia.

One hit a customer square in the back. Others from the museum gift shop’s rear bookshelves land up to 7 feet away — sometimes upright, as if someone set them there in a flash.

An invisible flash, that would be, because no one’s there to move them.

Jerry Franklin, the museum’s maintenance supervisor, said he was standing near the gift shop entrance one day when he saw a book shoot across an aisle and smack a woman in the back, right between the shoulder blades.

She spun around, saw no one there, then looked around the store until she made eye contact with Franklin. He shrugged.

This is the sort of eerie experience a team of ghost hunters will check out next weekend.

To workers who run the gift shop, this is common: “This happens all the time,” said Susan Ingram, the 1002 Victory Drive museum’s visitor service manager.

On average, a book shoots off the shelf every two weeks or so, sometimes more often, she said: “It kind of goes in cycles.”

An Alabama Paranormal Research Team led by Faith Serafin of Salem will conduct a seven-hour investigation in the museum after it closes. Serafin did not want to say exactly when, fearing pranksters might play ghosts.

“We bring in lots of different kinds of equipment, from video to audio, electromagnetic field detectors, and we have an abundance of software that will help us amplify sound or an image,” she said.

“We research all the reports very thoroughly. We kind of figure out whether or not there is a correlation between a story and evidence that we pick up, to determine whether or not we can actually say that this location has some type of abnormal or paranormal activity.”

Her group formed about two years ago, she said.

The book Franklin saw hit a woman in the back was a 10-by-10-inch hardback titled “The Confederate Navy: The Ships, Men and Organization 1861-1865.” Workers afterward discovered the book’s spine was broken and torn. Lane Palmer, a school teacher and museum volunteer, bought it.

Books aren’t the only gift-shop goods moving on their own: On the front counter, key rings, pins and whistles hang upon a square, black spindle. Workers say sometimes it spins without anyone touching it, and the motion is not spurred by a fan or air-conditioner.

Bruce Smith, the Port Columbus National Civil War Naval Museum’s executive director, would not go so far as to say the place is haunted:

“I am prepared to say that we have these continued unexplainable dumping of books on the floor. … We don’t know what the deal is. We’ve looked, and we can’t figure it out. We think we’ve got these things anchored pretty good, and the next thing we know, crash! And there’s nobody in the store.”

Source: The Ledger-Enquirer


Mystery Still Engulfs Lake Worth, Texas Monster

Greer Island, a small patch of land close to where the West Fork of the Trinity River flows into Lake Worth, is heavily shaded by tall oaks, cedar elms and cottonwoods.

One of the quietest spots in Fort Worth, the island is home to egrets and owls, perhaps an alligator or two.

And maybe, just maybe, the Lake Worth Monster.

The Lake Worth Monster, aka Goat-Man, hasn't been seen regularly at the Fort Worth Nature Center since a very memorable summer 40 years ago when all of Texas seemed to buzz with the news that a hairy, scaly 7-foot man-goat-beast was terrorizing the good citizens of Tarrant County.

"Every so often, it will come up in conversation," said Suzanne Tuttle, manager of the Nature Center. "Somebody will say, 'I remember when that happened."'

Perhaps the monster moved on to less-populated environs, and maybe it's dead by now, his bones to be discovered decades later by a lucky anthropologist.

Or, as more people actually suspect, the monster was really several creatures, all hoaxes carried out by enterprising and opportunistic mischief-makers from Brewer, Castleberry or North Side high school.

No one is exactly sure.

Mystery still cloaks the legend of the Lake Worth Monster and his tire-chucking, hair-raising appearance in July 1969.

On the afternoon of July 10 that year, the Star-Telegram's front page carried a headline above the fold "Fishy Man-Goat Terrifies Couples Parked at Lake Worth."

Reporter Jim Marrs broke the story to the world.

"Six terrified residents told police early today they were attacked by a thing they described as being half-man, half-goat and covered with fur and scales.

"Four units of Fort Worth police and the residents searched in vain for the thing, which was reported seen at Lake Worth, near Greer Island."

John Reichart told police that the creature leapt from a tree and landed on his car, and he showed them an 18-inch scar down the side of his car as proof.

The police officer told Marrs that "we did make a serious investigation because those people were really scared."

The police also revealed that they had received reports in the past but had laughed them off.

The next night, the monster, in front of a couple of dozen witnesses, was said to have uttered a "pitiful cry" and hurled a tire from a bluff at them.

The police weren't laughing anymore. Hundreds of amateur trackers descended on the area with all manner of Remingtons, Brownings and Colts.

"I'm not worried about the monster so much as all those people wandering around out there with guns," a police sergeant was quoted as saying in Marrs' second-day story.

One of the curious who went to Lake Worth that summer was Sallie Ann Clarke, an aspiring writer and private investigator who dropped everything to interview people for what would become her quick-draw and slightly tongue-in-cheek book, "The Lake Worth Monster of Greer Island," self-published in September '69.

During the weeks of summer, people saw the creature running through the Johnson grass, found tracks too big for a man, and reported dead sheep and blood.

Soldiers and sailors in Vietnam wrote their parents in Fort Worth and asked for more news, and reporters from far and wide wrote stories about it. The authorities continued to blame either a bobcat or teenage pranksters.

Then, about the time school resumed, perhaps not coincidentally, the Lake Worth Monster furor largely disappeared.

Clarke is 80 years old now and still lives in Benbrook, but, regrettably, she can't talk much about that summer.

A series of strokes greatly damaged her memory and her health, said her husband, Richard Lederer.

Clarke has always regretted the way she wrote her book, he said, because after she published it, she saw the monster on three occasions.

"If I'd seen it before I wrote the book, the book would have been quite a lot different," she told the Star-Telegram in 1989. "It wouldn't have been semi-fiction. It would have been like a history." She has the most famous, perhaps the only, photograph ever taken. It was given to her by Allen Plaster, who snapped it in October 1969 at 1:15 a.m. near Greer Island.

Both her descriptions and the photo show a large white something, though it doesn't seem to favor a goat at all.

Plaster, interviewed in 2006, said he doesn't buy the monster story now.

"Looking back, I realize that when we drove by, it stood up," he was quoted as saying in the Star-Telegram. "Whatever it was, it wanted to be seen. That was a prank. That was somebody out there waiting for people to drive by. I don't think an animal would have acted that way."

For his part, though, Plaster isn't talking anymore. He declined an interview request.

In 2005, a reporter at the Star-Telegram received a handwritten letter, with no name and no forwarding address.

"One weekend, myself and two friends from North Side High School decided to go out to Lake Worth and scare people on the roads where there were always stories of monsters and creatures who would attack parkers," the letter began.

The writer claimed to have used tinfoil to make a homemade mask to scare a truckload of girls.

When the friends were finished, they went to a Dairy Queen on the north side.

"I had a Coke float. The goatman had a parfait," the letter said. "The goatman turns 55 this summer and resides a peaceful life in the hills outside of Joshua."

Except that whoever wrote the letter a man who lives somewhere near Beaumont, based on the postal cancellation isn't the only person to make such a claim.

Marrs, the reporter, told the newspaper in 1989 that police questioned several Castleberry students who were found with a faceless gorilla outfit and a mask.

Fort Worth, Texas magazine outed a man this month identified only as "Vinzens" who admitted being involved in the infamous tire-throwing incident of July 11.

He said the tire went airborne only because it hit a bump after they rolled it. But he had no interest in naming more names or publicly taking credit or blame.

The owner of a kennel near Lake Worth has also said that he lost a macaque monkey that summer and that perhaps the primate was responsible.

All of it could be true. Or none of it.

Who knows?

Clarke's husband maintains that the monster was definitely not pranksters.

"She offered a $5,000 reward for any person who could pass a polygraph that they were the monster," Lederer said. "She never got a call."

The Nature Center is holding its own monster revival celebration Oct. 3, a date selected for the temperate Texas autumn rather than any connection to the events of 1969. It will have canoe rides, guided hikes around Greer Island, live music, food and drinks.

For those who belong to the Friends of the Nature Center, Texas Bigfoot Research Conservancy Chairman Craig Woolheater will speak at a private dinner that night.

Tuttle said the Nature Center's staff is skeptical of the existence of a monster.

But ...

"You never know," she said. "He may hear about it and just turn up."

Source: NBCDFW/Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas


Israel's Mermaid Fever

Israel is in the grips of mermaid fever after numerous sightings of the legendary sea creature off its coast.

One town council is taking the reports so seriously it is offering a $1m (£609,000) reward to anyone who can prove the existence of a mermaid in its waters.

Kiryat Yam municipality, near Haifa, says it has been told of dozens of sightings in the past few months.

They say it is a female figure, it looks like a young girl.

“Many people are telling us they are sure they’ve seen a mermaid and they are all independent of each other,” council spokesman Natti Zilberman told Sky News.

The nautical nymph is only seen in the evening at sunset, according to media reports, drawing crowds of people with cameras hoping for a glimpse.

“People say it is half girl, half fish, jumping like a dolphin. It does all kinds of tricks then disappears,” Mr Zilberman said.

Asked whether a dolphin or large fish could be a more rational explanation, he insisted: “They say it is a female figure, it looks like a young girl.”

The council denied its offer of a reward was a publicity stunt, but said it hoped to nurture the mermaid as something which could bring in more tourists.

Capturing a mermaid is not necessary, a verifiable photograph will do, Mr Zilberman said.

Asked if the council can afford the payout, he told Sky News writer Dominic Waghorn: “I believe, if there really is a mermaid, then so many people and tourists will come to Kiryat Yam, a lot more money will be made than a $1m.”

Source: Cryptomundo

Sign up today for Bizarre Bazaar and Conspiracy Journal Magazines

Click on banner to sign up for two FREE magazines!

UFO Digest

Cosmic Horizons - Sundays at 8:00pm Eastern

The Paracast
Sunday, 8:00–10:00 PM Central Time

UFO Casebook

Fate Magazine

UFO Magazine

Conspiracy Journal - Issue 533 8/14/09
Subscribe for free at our subscription page: