4/14/19  #1000
Subscribe for free at our subscription page:
You can view this newsletter online at:

Here it is...issue 1000 of Conspiracy Journal. It is hard to believe that what started out more than 20-years ago as a little email newsletter with a handful of subscribers has blossomed and grown with a list of almost 10,000 dedicated fans and subscribers.  I just want to take the time to thank everyone who has been with us from the beginning (and those who have only recently discovered us). At the beginning, the Conspiracy Journal newsletter was pretty unique.  In fact, we often had problems getting our weekly editions out to our subscribers because email servers and ISPs mistook us for mass-mailing SPAM. Now, email newsletters are considered antiquated (though there does seem to be renewed interest because of all the security problems associated with social media). However, through it all, Conspiracy Journal has persisted, doing our best to get out to you each and every week.

Without your support, Conspiracy Journal would not have lasted all of these years.  As well, I want to thank all of our dedicated stringers from all around the world who have sent us the incredible stories they uncovered from their local news outlets. This also includes the researchers and authors who have written exclusive articles for Conspiracy Journal.  I encourage everyone out there to continue their patronage of this newsletter...keep sending us the weird and wonderful stories that you have uncovered or written yourselves. Without all of you, we wouldn't have lasted past a few years.

This weeks issue I will go back as far as I can (there are very early issues that were saved on media that is now so old I no longer have a way to easily retrieve it), and rerun some of our favorite stories from years past.  Also, we want to hear from you subscribers on how long you have read Conspiracy Journal. Are you a long time reader, or a newbie to the world of the truly bizarre and strange? Send your emails to: conspiracyjournal@hotmail.com.

Thanks again for 20-plus great years.  While I can't guarantee that we can make it for another twenty, we shall certainly do our best.

Tim R. Swartz - Editor, Conspiracy Journal.

This week Conspiracy Journal brings you such flashes from the past tales as:

- White House Reporter Says UFO Cover Up Fading - 
- Project Clone! -
Made Cold by the Universe -
AND: Weird, True Headlines

All these exciting stories and MORE in this week's issue of

~ And Now, On With The Show! ~


Full Color Version: The Occult Saga of Walli Elmlark - The
"Rock and Roll" Witch of New York.




This is the compelling story of the Wiccan lady Walli Elmlark who saved the life of David Bowie through witchcraft, and put a spell on pop stars and other high profile celebrities during the most dynamic period in rock music – the 1970s.

Through the pages of this book the reader will go back in time to relive this celebrated period, mingling with those who were shaping the counterculture and causing a reconstruction of our social and political belief systems, both through the music and entertainment of this period, and the practice of witchcraft and the occult which was growing in popularity among the youth. Much of the activities described took place backstage at the Academy of Music and as part of the inner circle of the N.Y. School of Occult Arts and Sciences hosted by the psychic world’s “Grand Poobah” Tim Beckley.


** The British rocker David Bowie had come to the U.S. on his first tour taking on the persona of Ziggy Stardust, an androgynous spaceman from Mars. Bowie was coming under repeated psychic attack. An evil spirit had settled in the swimming pool of his LA residence; black magicians were trying to collect his semen so that they could create a demon baby. Was the Anti-christ looming in his future? All this while becoming more dependent on cocaine which was causing “the man who fell to Earth” to become increasingly paranoid.

Indeed, it seemed like a curse had been placed on rock and roll as any number of its young performers were dying, or becoming deeply depressed regardless of whether drugs were involved or not.

** Glam rocker Marc Bolan of the band T-Rex, for example died prematurely in a car accident. Walli had proclaimed “the wizard with a top hat” to be the reincarnation of the 5th century sorcerer Merlin of King Arthur’s court.

** There is also empirical evidence that Jimi Hendrix had a “special mission.” It was said that he was from Mars (either physically or reincarnated from the Red Planet) and that he had been reborn here to lift the consciousness of the planet through his music and occult philosophy. UFOs followed him wherever he went. In fact, a stranger from space even saved his life one wintery evening.

Guaranteed to be a trip down the odd side of memory land!

This fascinating book is now available to readers of Conspiracy Journal for the special price of $16 (Plus $5 Shipping).

So Order Right Now Using PayPal From The Conspiracy Journal Bookshop and find out for yourself if a mongoose can truly speak!

Questions? Email us at: mrufo8@hotmail.com

Click Here to Order From the Conspiracy Journal Bookshop.
You can also phone in your credit card orders to Global Communications
24-hour hotline: 732-602-3407

And as always you can send a check or money order to:
Timothy Green Beckley
P.O. Box 753
New Brunswick, NJ  08903

Please make out checks to: Timothy Green Beckley

Exploring the Bizarre - Thursday Nights at 10:00PM EST

Heard Live on the KCOR Digital Radio Network


White House Reporter Says UFO Cover Up Fading

One of the most respected correspondents in Washington  has given national exposure to the alleged government cover up of UFO sightings and extraterrestrial intelligent life.
Sarah McClendon, in her regular column and Washington commentary, said over the weekend, that the belief in UFOs and Ets is increasing among "a community of scientists and technicians employed by government."

"The real danger to the U.S. and perhaps this whole planet is the government has placed such a heavy blanket of secrecy upon this issue. So much secrecy, those in government who have knowledge showing UFOs are identifiable feel the subject cannot be discussed by those in the know without serious repercussions.

Others are afraid their friends and co workers will think they are crazy if they even so much as insinuate that UFOs are identifiable as manned craft from outside the earth. This particularly applies to newspaper editors and publishers, reporters and analysts. Thus the U. S. is denying itself the chance to learn more about UFOs or to encourage research despite the fact  the U. S. stands to gain form such discussions,"  said McClendon.

She revealed that the President Bill Clinton "had many briefings" on the subject of UFOs and extraterrestrial intelligence, including briefings by Laurence Rockefeller and briefings for other,  cabinet level officials appointed by the President.  Dr. Steven Greer, who directs the Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence (CSETI), also  briefed the CIA director at the time, she said.

"Subsequently, Clinton instructed Webster Hubbell, when naming him to the position of Associate Attorney General at the Justice Department, that he wanted him to investigate and report back to him on two things, circumstances surrounding the death of President John F. Kennedy, and the existence of UFOs.

Hubbell, despite his position  and the presidential imprimatur, was boxed in at the Justice Department and never was able to find out.  All of this was disclosed in Hubbell's memoir "Friends in High Places,'" said McClendon.

"Now the lid on UFOs is gradually coming off," she said, citing a series of initiatives by organizations that are increasing the pressure for disclosure. These include a national petition drive calling for Congressional hearings on government information;  new information on the reported alien craft crash near Roswell, NM more than 50 years ago; Arizona's Citizens Against UFO Secrecy's drive to raise $10,000 for its disclosure lawsuit against the  Department of Defense; CSETI's disclosure  advocacy; and proliferating discussions and reports of UFO activity on the Internet.

"Another who feels that positive proof exists within government, was the late Lt. Col. Philip J. Corso,  who revealed in his book, 'The Day After Roswell,' that he was in charge of the Roswell files during his tenure as head of the Army's Foreign Technology Division.

He states unequivocally that these files confirm the crash that occurred at Roswell, New Mexico was an alien spacecraft. This completely refutes the Air Force denials and subsequent explanations.

Corso says that the crashed vehicle was studied and proved to be manufactured of materials unknown as to source  and usage in this country. In time, he says, this and other UFOs provided technologies that were 'worked into the commercial world via front companies.'

Incidentally he vouches for the fact that this has proven to be a valuable contribution to U.S. aircraft design and other commercial products," says McClendon.

The McClendon News Service in Washington distributed the correspondent's commentary over the weekend. 

EDITORS NOTE: Sarah McClendon was a White House reporter who had covered every President since Franklin D. Roosevelt and was known for shouting questions at most of them.

For over half a century, presidents had found themselves confronted by her questions about treatment of veterans, government secrecy and other issues.

“She was one of the greatest newspaperwomen Washington ever saw,” said Helen Thomas, who has covered the White House for decades.

“She walked in where angels fear to tread,” Thomas said. “She had guts, she asked the questions that should have been asked, and she asked questions for people who had no voice.” She said McClendon “made the veins stand out” on President Eisenhower’s forehead.

McClendon also had an interest in UFOs and the possible government cover-up which she often featured on her McClendon News Service.

For her part, McClendon said it was her duty to be aggressive with the nation’s leaders.

“Citizen journalist is a mission I took for myself. It offers the best opportunity to serve one’s country, the people and the public interest,” McClendon wrote in her 1996 book, Mr. President, Mr. President!

“It has been a privilege to have lived this life,” she added. “I cannot wait to get out of bed each morning and start living it some more.”

Sarah McClendon passed away on January 7, 2003.        

* This article ran in issue #51, April 2000.


By Tim Swartz

With the recent announcement of the ongoing project to clone the extinct Tasmanian Tiger, the controversy continues to rage concerning the science of cloning.  Once thought to be strictly regulated to the realm of science fiction, cloning has been proven possible by scientists conducting research on animals.  With these new innovations, the possibility of human cloning seems closer to reality then ever before.  However, stories from alleged UFO abductees, military insiders and others, seem to indicate that effective human cloning has already taken place. The question remains, who has accomplished this technological breakthrough and why?  The answers, unfortunately, remain obscured behind the smoke screen of UFO disinformation.

The cloning of humans could now be close to reality thanks to the historic scientific breakthroughs of the 1990's. The initial debate on this issue has been dominated by misleading accounts in the news media and knee jerk reactions from uninformed politicians.  Much of the negativity about human cloning is based simply on the breathtaking novelty of the concept rather than on any real undesirable consequences.  Human cloning could have overwhelming advantages if regulated in a reasonable way. A comprehensive ban on human cloning by public officials would be a sorry episode in human history.

A human clone would be a "time delayed"  identical twin of another person. Science fiction books and movies have given people the impression that human clones would be mindless creatures or "doubles."   Human clones would be human beings like everyone else on the planet. They would be carried and delivered after nine months by a human mother and raised in a family.  Consequently, a clone twin will be decades younger than the original person.   There could be no danger of people confusing a clone twin with the original person. As with identical twins, the clone and DNA donor would have different fingerprints. A clone will not inherit any of the memories of the original person. Because of these differences, a clone is not a exact copy or "double" of a person, just a much younger person with identical DNA.

This scenario will, for now, remain unreachable until the time comes when the public and lawmakers allow themselves to be educated on the scientific truths regarding cloning.  Some of these truths,  however, may never be known.  Rumors have circulated over the years that human cloning has already been accomplished, and is currently being secretly implemented.

Abductee and author Katharina Wilson relates an experience she had in July of 1993, where she found herself standing outside near the entrance to an underground base that was located inside a mountain. She reported that she saw official looking people and some military personnel. A "blonde" alien being with dark brown eyes said to her:

"Your Government is performing human cloning experiments, men and women are being cloned and experimented on. When the experiments are over the clones are used for prostitution by the scientists, the government people, and the military personnel.  After they are through with them or no longer want them, the clones are killed."  

The being continued: "Our technology was taken from us. Your Government manipulated us into believing  they would use our technology to help your species, but instead, they used it for their  own purposes. It is out of control. It is beyond our ability to stop your Government  without your help."    

Wilson believes the stories that some abductees have claimed to have seen  clones of themselves.  She adds, " It is not easy to admit, but I am one of those people who have witnessed this.   During an encounter in 1993, I saw two women who I knew were clones of myself.  One was eight months pregnant and the other was a prostitute. They were both living  in an underground facility.  Neither of these women had a choice concerning their lives. They were just like the thousands of animals many of our scientists create to experiment on. It was devastating for me to see these women. They were both living  miserable and hopeless lives and were at the mercy of their creators."

Hypnotherapist  Barbara Bartholic  has researched over 300 abduction cases since 1987, some of these cases involved what appeared to be aliens cloning human beings.

"Throughout my work, from the beginning it has been evident that the aliens are capable of creating clones in large numbers. Probably the fetuses they take at such an alarming rate have to do with cloning procedures, nourishment  procedures, et cetera.  If the aliens know how to clone, they know everything there is to know about the human body.  They know the recipe for the human body from  molecule to molecule..."

During a regression by Bartholic, a man named Fred told of a situation which may be a description of a cloning procedure.

"I feel like they are doing something to me with the animal. They are doing something  with me, my blood, my sperm and my genes. They are injecting my fluids into this animal.  Then I remember seeing another type of animal running around. I can't  remember what the animal looked like, but it was bizarre. Seems like the animal is  part human   part animal."

In 1994, the late Dr. Karla Turner wrote, "...by far the most alarming evidence of alien technology concerns the 'new' bodies and 'clones' they manufacture.  Whether these are really bodies for a future human resurrection, remains to be seen, for other explanations have been given. In a case privately reported, for  instance, a man was told that a duplicate of his body could be used to 'replace' him if he didn't cooperate with the aliens. He was told that other people wouldn't  be able to distinguish his cloned body from the original, if they chose to replace him."

A male abductee told  Katharina Wilson in 1992  that he had seen what he believed to be clones in an underground military facility.  He reported they were all sleeping inside some kind of rectangular containers which were  lined up in rows. Wilson noticed that while the man was sharing this information, he became frightened and his voice became softer and softer until he stopped talking.  When she asked him to continue he said he was so afraid that he did not feel as if he should tell her any thing else about the experience.

In her book, "The Alien Jigsaw,"  Wilson writes about an experience she had in April of 1991.

"I was standing outside my door on the porch in the middle of the night. I was wearing my nightgown and I was looking into my courtyard at a blonde humanoid  being with a small male child. They were both wearing white, tight fitting, one piece body suits and they both had thin white hair and huge, blue eyes. The child looked exactly like the father.   

"After we made eye contact, the child recognized me and I knew in my heart that he was my child, although he didn't look anything like me. However, he was a 'carbon copy'  of his father. Even at that time, I suspected that the young boy was cloned  from the father because they were identical, except for their dispositions and their  heights.  If I was the mother, which I still believe to this day, then I may have been some type of surrogate mother."
"The aliens are clones of clones of clones. They do not reproduce in the way humans to, and over generations of cloning, they have lost many of their organs. Their organs have atrophied. The mouth does not have a way of swallowing. All it can do is hold something that could dissolve and liquefy. In other words, the mouth is its own stomach, for they have no stomach."  
This, according to  Dr. John Coleman in his book "Conspirators' Hierarchy: The Story of the Committee of 300," is the actual nature of the extraterrestrial creatures visiting our planet.

"These entities, by necessity and by their nature, look upon humans as inferior creatures, capable of supplying them with some of their biological needs. They do not see humans as having any special divine rights to life, liberty or individuality. They see humans as simply being another type of animal on earth which has certain unique qualities in terms of its chemical make up, in terms of hormones, in terms of various qualities that can be used to extract energy and life essence.

"They see humans as producers of Adrenalchrome and as capable of giving them genetic material for genetic engineering purposes.   It is not that they are necessarily evil in this regard, although they would be considered evil to the human, but they are really not any more evil in this regard than would be the human who is hired to take off the heads of turkeys for Thanksgiving slaughters in order to market the turkeys."

Abductees have been reporting for years about seeing clones of themselves and other humans.  Walter Bowart in his book "Operation Mind Control" says, "There is usually a twenty year lag between a laboratory development of a new technology and its applications at large."  Could it be true that an ongoing cloning project has been in operation for a number of years, either by the military or even extraterrestrial entities?   Are we only now hearing reports about the reality of human clones after twenty years of secret development?

According to Dr. Michael Wolf in his book "The Catchers of Heaven," an ultra secret project having to do with cloning a human to create the perfect soldier who would obey orders without question, was being researched by the Department of Defense.  Reportedly, the clone turned out to have been born with ethical thinking, and intuitively knew that life was sacred. When the  clone disobeyed a test order to kill an innocent dog, Wolf said that "the project officer ordered the clone terminated.   It was my judgment that the clone had a soul.  So, instead, I blew up the building containing the clone project and surreptitiously allowed the clone to escape."

Classic UFO literature, at first glance, appears to be relatively free of references to clones and cloning procedures.  However, with a little research, a few interesting cases come to light that may be the result of cloning or some kind of extraterrestrial duplication process.

In May, 1968, UFO researcher George Smyth of Elizabeth, New Jersey noticed a car parked across the street from his house.  Three men stepped out that Smyth immediately recognized as UFO investigators John Keel, Gray Barker and Jim Moseley, or so he thought.  Smyth, who had observed the men from an upstairs window, ran downstairs to greet them, only to see their blue Volkswagon speeding away.  Smyth noticed that the car carried no license plate.
Feeling there had been something strange about the men, he telephoned Moseley and Barker, who told him they had not been away from home all day.  Smyth later recalled that the three men he saw bore facial characteristics identical to Keel, Barker and Moseley. However, whoever the impersonators were, they "goofed" on heights.  Where the real men's order in height was Barker  Moseley   Keel, the three "doppelgangers" Smyth saw had Barker and Keel at the same height, while Moseley was the shortest of the group. 

This incident was just one of many strange events to plague George Smyth who also reported several strange encounters with the Men in Black during his time as a UFO investigator.

"Doppelganger"  is a German word describing the exact double of an individual.  Often historical cases of people sighting their doppelganger had a ghostly air around the encounter.  On the other hand, the three UFO investigators doppelgangers indicate that the doubles were flesh and blood and not ghosts.

That same year in Jersey City, New Jersey, Mary Robinson, wife of Jim Robinson, then assistant editor for Saucer News, had her own strange encounter with a doppelganger.

Jim and Mary had recently been stalked by dark cars and weird men who would watch their apartment from across the street.  One morning when Mary was returning to their apartment she noticed Jim Moseley standing in the middle of the nearby street acting like a traffic policeman.  She stood and watched him for perhaps three to four minutes, while he turned and looked in all directions, apparently without noticing or recognizing her.  Mary had the impression that he was attempting to see what would happen if he drew attention to himself, and that he evidently did not wish her to approach him.  

Later, when Mary left the apartment she saw Moseley still standing in the same position in the middle of the street.  When she returned she observed that while he was dressed in the usual business suit, he was also wearing the grey topcoat he had worn the past winter.  What struck Mary as odd was that the day was warm and sunny, much to warm to be wearing a topcoat.  As she was walking in the door the phone rang, when Mary answered it she was shocked to hear Jim Moseley's voice on the other end.  He explained that he had gotten an impulse to call her briefly to discuss her recent Men in Black encounters.

Without explanation, Mary asked Jim to hold the phone.  Then she ran outside.  Jim or the man who had looked exactly like him, was no longer there.  

While some UFO researchers might feel honored if extraterrestrials cloned several different versions of themselves.  Neither John Keel, Gray Barker or Jim Moseley could offer a good explanation why there would be doubles of themselves running around scaring UFO witnesses and other investigators.  As John Keel put it: "There's no telling what kind of strange things those silly flying saucer folk will do."

In his controversial book "The Day After Roswell," the late Col. Philip Corso claimed he was allowed access to medical autopsy reports describing the physical characteristics of the extraterrestrial biological entities recovered from the UFO crash at Roswell, New Mexico.  The medical report and supporting photographs suggested that the creature was remarkably well adapted for long distance space travel.  The creatures were only four feet tall and oddly had lungs that occupied a far greater percentage of the chest cavity then human lungs did.  This indicated to the doctors and Corso that the entity could be a clone, specifically engineered for long distance space travel.

Corso sums up his book by stating: "These creatures weren't benevolent alien beings who had come to enlighten human beings.  They were genetically altered humanoid automatons, cloned biological entities, actually, who were harvesting biological specimens on Earth for their own experimentation."

As further scientific research continues to unlock the mysteries of human existence, the ability to clone individuals will eventually become a reality.  While the concept of cloned humans is unnerving to some, the medical benefits will soon overcome any past reservations produced through ignorance.  
Someday, evidence may surface that humans have been cloned in the past. This could be either through secret military experiments or by alien visitors.  If this is true, then the prospect of a beneficial science based on cloning would probably be doomed to suppression due to the almost primitive horror that would be raised from the darkest corners of our collective psyches.

* This article originally ran in issue #70, August 2000


Russian Memoir Says US GIs Kept In Siberian Labor Camps

Pentagon investigators say they have obtained the memoir of a Russian emigre and former prisoner who claims that dozens of American servicemen from World War II and the Korean War were detained in Siberian labor camps in the former Soviet Union.

The assertions, while not confirmed, appear to support, and in some important respects strengthen, a case the Pentagon has been building for several years: U.S. servicemen in the 1940s and 1950s were silently swallowed up in the U.S.S.R.'s brutal Gulag system of forced labor, never to be heard from again.

"There has to be something to this," said Norman Kass, who helped translate the unpublished personal memoir from Russian and interviewed the author on behalf of the Pentagon agency in charge of prisoner of war and missing personnel affairs.

Kass said in an interview that the information fits a pattern of anecdotal reports received during the 1990s that American servicemen were seen in remote labor camps.

He is executive secretary of a U.S. Russian commission that has pursued the matter since former President Boris Yeltsin disclosed in 1992 that Soviet forces had taken a dozen U.S. airmen captive in the 1950s after shooting down their planes. The commission meets periodically, and its staff has done extensive research and interviewed Russian veterans.

When Kass disclosed the memoir's existence at a meeting of the U.S. Russian commission last November, the Russians were skeptical but agreed to study it, a U.S. summary of the proceedings said.
The memoir is exceptional because it provides names of individual servicemen.

For example, it identifies by name 22 men said to have been held in late 1951 at the Kirovskij mining camp near the Kamenka River in the sub Arctic pine forests of the Krasnoyarsk region. The memoir's author cites secondhand accounts of area residents seeing the prisoners, "wearing bare threads and half frozen," being led from the Kirovskij camp along a road to an undetermined destination   "a dead end."

A witness described as the daughter of the manager of a nearby town told the author that on Christmas Day 1951 she saw "frostbitten prisoners being led and driven like cattle by the NKVD," the former Soviet internal security agency. "They did not speak Russian. They only said `American, American,' and `eat, eat.' They wanted food," the author quoted the woman as recounting to him.

Kass said that although the events described by the author have not been independently verified, he believes the man is credible. Kass said the man's identity and his present country of residence are being kept secret for his protection, but there is no question that he spent many years in the Gulag network of forced labor camps. The man, now in his late 70s, was exiled to Siberia and worked as a permafrost engineer in the early 1950s near the Kirovskij mining camp where the 22 Americans were said to have been held.

The 22 names were provided by a woman who the author said worked in the Kirovskij camp during the winter of 1951 52. The author said she had the men write their names on scraps of newspaper with pieces of a pencil she sneaked into the camp's toilets, then put the paper in a jar and buried it.

In the translation from Russian, only one of the 22 names can be matched with a missing American servicemen. He is listed in Army casualty records as Chan Jay Park Kim, a Hawaiian of Korean descent.
Kim was a private first class in the 24th Infantry Division's 34th Infantry Regiment, captured by North Korean forces on July 8, 1950. On that day, the 34th Infantry collapsed in its defense of the town of Ch'onan south of Seoul, giving the advancing North Korean army entry to most of the rest of southern Korea.

According to Pentagon records, fellow members of the 34th Infantry who survived captivity in Korea told Army debriefers that once he became a POW, Kim tried to mask his ethnic background by using the name George Leon. It is that name which appears among the 22 on the list from the Soviet labor camp. Army casualty records list Kim as having died in Korea in January 1951, but his body was not recovered.

The author of the memoir says that he saw only one American in the Gulag. That was in January 1953 at a camp called Rybak far above the Arctic Circle, and a prisoner described as a demolition expert appeared at a mining operation where the author was dispatched to handle a technical problem.

"He also openly identified himself as a citizen of the United States of America, Allied Officer Dale," the author wrote. He said he was not allowed to talk to the man.

Another section of the memoir describes the fate of 10 members of a 12 man crew of a U.S. Air Force B 29 reconnaissance plane, which was shot down by Soviet forces over the Sea of Japan on June 13, 1952.
American search and rescue teams recovered no remains from the plane, and in July 1956 the U.S. government appealed to Moscow for information about the crew. The State Department note said an officer believed to have been a member of the crew was seen in October 1953 in a Soviet hospital north of the Siberian port of Magadan. The Soviets replied that no American servicemen were on Soviet territory.

The Russian emigre said that in the 1980s he was told by an associate with extensive experience in the far eastern reaches of Siberia that he had learned the names of two of the captured B 29 fliers: "Bush and Moore."

The B 29's commander was Maj. Samuel Busch. A crew member was Master Sgt. David L. Moore. The memoir indicates that Busch and Moore were killed   possibly beaten to death   in the Siberian city of Khabarovsk, apparently a short time after their capture. Eight surviving crew members were put in solitary confinement in a prison in Svobodnyi, a city northwest of Khabarovsk near the Chinese border, it said.

Charlotte Busch Mitnik, a sister of Samuel Busch, said in an interview that the memoir "reinforces what I believe" happened to him and jibes with unconfirmed rumors her family heard shortly after her brother's capture.

* This story originally ran in issue #45, Feb. 2000

Conspiracy Journal Print Edition #49


Hail! Hail! The latest print edition of the Conspiracy Journal (#49) is available. Either e-mail mrufo8@hotmail.com for a copy to go to your snail mail or browse right here, right now, on line.  All orders will receive a 10% discount if placed through PayPal. Just deduct the amount before sending it in or we can send you a PayPal Invoice.

Our Finest Books and Other Items of Interest Now Available for Your Pleasure!


We can also take your credit card orders by your leaving a message at 732 602-3407

Made Cold by the Universe

In villages along the Kuskokwim River and in this hub city, scores of people have reported catching sight of Richard Pavilla, a 38-year-old man who disappeared in December while on a snowmachine trip from his home village of Atmautluak.
Pavilla, they say, is still alive but he is in a rare condition in which he is feather-light and as wary as a wild bird.
"It has happened in the past, but it's kind of long and in between," said 77-year-old Peter Jacobs, through a Yup'ik translator. "That person is not dead. The spirit is still with the body, but he's in a different state."
The Alaska State Troopers ended their search for Pavilla more than three months ago, 12 days after they found the body of Pavilla's companion and the snowmachine the two were riding. The troopers presume Pavilla is dead, too. But day after day, Bethel's search and rescue coordinator keeps taking the reports of people who say they've seen the lost man.
Pavilla and Richard Tikiun, 27, left Christmas Eve on a snowmachine for Bethel, about 30 miles away across the frozen tundra. People in the village told troopers the men had been drinking and may have been planning to pick up Tikiun's stash of alcohol on the way. Searchers found Tikiun's body Dec. 28, four miles from Atmautluak and just north of the main trail to Bethel. He lay face down on the ground next to his snowmachine and an empty vodka bottle, troopers said.
Pavilla, troopers said, obviously stayed alive for a while, despite fierce winds and temperatures that dropped to minus 30 degrees.
Searchers found a series of windbreaks made of snow blocks and tree branches, snow caves dug into drifts and even a hastily made igloo, as well as several sets of tracks thought to be Pavilla's.
It was shortly after New Year's when the first sighting of the lost man was reported, said Peter Atchak, Bethel's volunteer search and rescue coordinator. Five of the searchers, Pavilla's cousins, reported seeing a solitary figure on foot about eight miles southwest of Bethel.
"They thought it was a searcher, but when they were approaching close he took off running," Atchak said. The person crossed the frozen river and was gone, the cousins reported.
The next report came a couple of days later. A group of youngsters were driving a truck from Napakiak upriver to Bethel when someone came out of the brush toward them. They got frightened and drove off, Atchak said.
The troopers ended their search Jan. 9, figuring no one could survive so long in such severe weather.
The volunteer search and rescue group kept looking, and Atchak kept track of the reported sightings. They came from up and down the Kuskokwim and from villages on the coast. In all, there were more than 50 reports from 10 villages. People also reported seeing Pavilla in Bethel - near the high school, at the hospital and crouched under a woman's house.
Atchak said he has repeatedly investigated reports of boot prints and found they were made by size 7 Sorels, just like Pavilla's.
"I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't seen his tracks, his footprints and the way they disappeared," he said.
To learn more, Atchak convened meetings of elders in Bethel. More than 100 came.
Pavilla is stuck between two worlds, some of the old people told him. It happens sometimes: People get lost, become very frightened and fall into these states. Their senses sharpen so that they can hear rabbits and foxes running in the woods. They don't feel the cold. They are not ghosts, but their bodies become so light they can walk on top of trees and cross wide rivers like the Kuskokwim in a hop or two.
The Yup'ik term for it, Atchak said, is cillem quellra. Roughly translated: "made cold by the universe."
"I've been hearing (about) that since I was a little girl," said Neva Rivers, a Hooper Bay elder.
Martha Larson, of Napakiak, said her family had a brief brush with this phenomenon. In the late 1950s, her teenage sister got lost at their summer fish camp. She was missing only about half a day. When the sister came back she told them that she could hear her family calling her but she was too afraid to show herself.
"Something happens to you when you get lost like that. Your mind - you start to panic," Larson said.
Some in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, such as Rivers and Peter Jacobs, remember the case of Gabriel Fox. Thirty years ago, Gabriel walked away from a children's home upriver to avoid punishment for some trouble he was in. Searchers chased the boy on their snowmachines but he was too fast for them. As he ran, his feet didn't touch the ground, Jacobs said, holding one hand about 10 inches above the other as he recounted the story.
Gabriel's body was never found, Atchak said.
To bring back a person who is in limbo like that, you have to touch him, some of the old people told Atchak, or spit on him. He will be skittish and afraid of people, but he will also be terribly thirsty. You might be able to lure him closer by pulling out a water bottle and drinking from it, Atchak learned.
Whoever rescues him should try to keep him isolated for about two weeks, Peter Jacobs told him. Give him only a sip of water at first, and a trace of dried fish. As he recovers he will gradually be able to tolerate more.
Atchak said he talked to a Napakiak man who said he had such an experience after he was left for dead in minus 30 degree weather.
"He got touched by somebody," Atchak said. "He said he felt so heavy when he fell down. Then he woke up in the hospital."
Apanguluk Kairaiuak, who is documenting the stories of Southwestern Alaska elders, said these experiences are consistent with his understanding of Yup'ik creation mythology. According to this ancient belief, he said, people were created by animal, bird and fish spirits. Before they become people, the pre-humans pass through three other phases, gradually growing more connected to the earth and less connected to their creators, he said. When a crisis strikes, a person sometimes reverts to an earlier phase, he said.
"Without that kind of spiritual memory, our people would not be able to do this," he said.
Atchak said he now understands the stories he would hear old people tell.
"They used to talk about some time in the future when our world would get thin," he said. "Like between our world and the next world, they become closer together."
He isn't dispatching searchers to look for Pavilla these days, but he held a meeting Thursday in Atmautluak to ask locals to be alert for Pavilla as they go out bird hunting, ice fishing and gathering wood. About 50 people came, he said.
"In the event anybody should have an encounter with him, we should approach him carefully and try not to frighten him," said Atchak.
After talking to the Napakiak man again, Atchak is also advising people to look for a body.
"From his experience, it sounded like he was able to leave his body and go into a different body," Atchak said.
Jacobs' son, Peter Jacobs Jr., said he thinks he saw Pavilla just last week, as he was riding from Atmautluak to Napakiak.
"I saw someone up on a tree, standing up in a tree," Jacobs said. "I got kind of spooked."
He stayed a long distance away but he figures it was Pavilla because it was miles from any village and the person standing on the branch had no snowmachine.
In other recent reports, people have said Pavilla's face is dark and his hair is long, Atchak said.
"He's been outside for a heck of a long time," Atchak said.
In Atmautluak, Pavilla's father looks for his missing son every day.
Moses Pavilla said he has believed from the start that his son is alive. Soon after he went missing, the elder Pavilla went to the trail he disappeared from. He believes he heard his son in the bushes.
"He was close by me but I couldn't see him," the father said in a recent telephone interview.
A few weeks later, in Atmautluak, Moses Pavilla says he saw Richard heading into his sister's house. She was inside but said she hadn't seen anyone.
So Moses Pavilla keeps looking, riding his snowmachine back and forth between the village, his fish camp and a neighboring village.
"I never stay home much this winter, because I really need him," Moses Pavilla said by telephone last week.

Source: Anchorage Daily News. This article ran in issue #51, April 2000.          

Strange Sky Boom Jolts Ashtabula, Ohio And North Carolina

Residents are still wondering what caused a boisterous boom accompanied by a quivering of the ground late Friday evening,  January 19, 2001. Police and fire dispatchers fielded several calls from folks in Saybrook and Ashtabula Townships and in Ashtabula (population 22,000) who felt the unexplainable tremor around 9:13 p.m. and wanted to know what was going on.

The two to three second vibration  similar to what one might experience in an explosion  occurred just minutes before a gas main leak on East 27th Street in Ashtabula Township was reported by an Ohio American Water crew using a backhoe to fix a water line leak. Officials say the two incidents are unrelated.

"The seismographic site did report some kind of blip," Ed  Semppi, director of the Ashtabula County Emergency Management Agency said.  "But there's no reason as to what happened yet."

Semppi received a call from an Ashtabula County Sheriff's Office stating that officials from the Ohio Department of Natural  Resources (DNR) Geologic Survey in Columbus had noticed a  tremor like vibration at their Jefferson based seismographic site.

Three other local seismographic sites, located, located at Lakeland Community College in Kirtland; Lake Erie College in Painseville; and the Museum of Natural History in Cleveland, had no indication of any seismic activity. "It could have been in the lake close to our site, not close to their sites," Stemppi said.

Ashtabula is on Ohio Route 20 approximately 91 miles (145 kilometers) east of Cleveland.

And in a related story, unusual booming noises that  have startled residents of the Cape Fear coast in North Carolina in the past returned last week, leading to calls to  meteorologists and earthquake specialists from  frightened residents.

The National Weather Service took several phone calls about houses shaking and unexplained loud noises around 11:00 Thursday night. "I thought we were having an earthquake and ran to get my  children," said Sarah McKenzie of Wilmington, in an interview with the Winston Salem Journal.

The National Earthquake Information Center in Boulder, Colorado was unable to detect any major earth movement in the area, according to Richard Anthony, the National Weather Service's head  meteorologist for the Wilmington area.

The center took calls from a large area. "I have experienced the shakings and I have heard the noises," Anthony said. "They can be traumatic, but no one really has a good explanation for them."
Legend dating back to the 19th century says that residents in the area, unable to find an explanation for the strange sounds, made up a myth about the Seneca Indians being pushed out of their land when settlers from Europe arrived. The sounds are supposedly the Indians returning for revenge with the white man's own weapon.

Modern theories refer to jets breaking the sound barrier, the shifting of the continental shelf, or a  volume of air quickly becoming hotter than the air surrounding it and exploding like a balloon.  In World War II, the sounds were blamed on a missile program at Topsail Island.

Still, geologists at UNC Wilmington are trying to find the cause of the noises, while some area residents remain a little shaky. "I wish someone could tell me what it is," McKenzie said.

* This article originally ran in #91, February, 2001

Sources: The Ashtabula Star Beacon    January 21, 2001
The Winston Salem Journal   January 31, 2001


Cannabis Shrinks Tumors:  Government Knew In '74

The term medical marijuana took on dramatic new meaning in February 2000, when researchers in Madrid announced they had destroyed incurable brain tumors in rats by injecting them with THC, the active ingredient in cannabis.
The Madrid study marks only the second time that THC has been administered to tumor bearing animals. In 1974, researchers at the Medical College of Virginia, who had been funded by the National Institutes of Health to find evidence that marijuana damages the immune system, found instead that THC slowed the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice B lung and breast cancer, and a virus induced leukemia.

The DEA quickly shut down the Virginia study and all further cannabis/tumor research, according to Jack Herer, who reports on the events in his book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes. In 1976, President Gerald Ford put an end to all public cannabis research and granted exclusive research rights to major pharmaceutical companies, who set out B unsuccessfully B to develop synthetic forms of THC that would deliver all the medical benefits without the "high."

The Madrid researchers reported in the March issue of Nature Medicine that they injected the brains of 45 rats with cancer cells, producing tumors whose presence they confirmed through magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). On the 12th day they injected 15 of the rats with THC and 15 with Win 55,212 2, a synthetic compound similar to THC. "All the rats left untreated uniformly died 12 18 days after glioma (brain cancer) cell inoculation ... Cannabinoid (THC) treated rats survived significantly longer than control rats.

THC administration was ineffective in three rats, which died by days 16 18. Nine of the THC treated rats surpassed the time of death of untreated rats, and survived up to 19 35 days. Moreover, the tumor was completely eradicated in three of the treated rats." The rats treated with Win 55,212 2 showed similar results.

The Spanish researchers, led by Dr. Manuel Guzman of Complutense University, also irrigated healthy rats' brains with large doses of THC for seven days, to test for harmful biochemical or neurological effects. They found none.
In 1983, the Reagan/Bush Administration tried to persuade American universities and researchers to destroy all 1966 76 cannabis research work, including compendiums in libraries, reports Jack Herer, who states, "We know that large amounts of information have since disappeared."

News coverage of the Madrid discovery has been virtually nonexistent in this country. The news broke quietly on Feb. 29, 2000 with a story that ran once on the UPI wire about the Nature Medicine article. This writer stumbled on it through a link that appeared briefly on the Drudge Report Web page. The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times all ignored the story, even though its newsworthiness is indisputable: a benign substance occurring in nature destroys deadly brain tumors.

* Article originally ran in #101, April 2001

Source: San Antonio Current, March 29, 2001


Weird, True Headlines

Submitted by Ink and Feather Comics:

* These are actual headlines gleaned from newspapers all over the world *

Include Your Children when Baking Cookies

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says

Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers

Safety Experts Say School Bus Passengers Should Be Belted

Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case

Survivor of Siamese Twins Joins Parents

Iraqi Head Seeks Arms

British Left Waffles on Falkland Islands

Eye Drops Off Shelf

Teacher Strikes Idle Kids

Clinton Wins on Budget, But More Lies Ahead

Enraged Cow Injures Farmer With Ax

Plane Too Close to Ground, Crash Probe Told

Miners Refuse to Work after Death

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant

Stolen Painting Found by Tree

Two Sisters Reunited After 18 Years in Checkout Counter
Killer Sentenced to Die for Second Time in 10 Years

War Dims Hope for Peace

If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last a While

Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures

Deer Kill 17,000

Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide

Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges

Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead

Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group

Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft

Kids Make Nutritious Snacks

Ban On Soliciting Dead in Trotwood

Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half

New Vaccine May Contain Rabies

Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors

This article ran in issue #52 May, 2000

Sign up today for Bizarre Bazaar and Conspiracy Journal Magazines

Click on banner to sign up for two FREE magazines!



Restricted Airspace with Tina Maria Caouette Friday's at 7:00PM PST
On KCOR Digital Radio Network

Free Issue of Phenomena Magazine

Wm Michael Mott - New Book Available on Kindle

UFO Digest

Conspiracy Journal - Issue 1000 4/14/19
Subscribe for free at our subscription page: